Passenger vehicle in India registers 26% growth in September, apex body SIAM
According to the latest data by
Motorcycle sales were at 12,24,117 units as against 10,43,621 units in September 2019, up 17.3 per cent.
AdvertisementScooter sales were also up marginally at 5,56,205 units from 5,55,754 units in the same month last year.
In the July-September 2020 quarter, passenger vehicles sales increased 17.02 per cent to 7,26,232 units from 6,20,620 units in the same period of last fiscal.
However, commercial vehicles sales saw a dip of 20.13 per cent at 1,33,524 units in the quarter under review as compared with 1,67,173 units in July-September 2019.
Vehicle sales across categories during the second quarter declined marginally to 55,96,223 units as against 56,51,459 units in the same period of the previous fiscal.
SEE ALSO: Dow Jones ends lower for third day as weak jobless claims, stimulus impasse weigh on sentiment
HCL Tech's second quarter to see a boost from cloud adoption — analysts expect it to breach 3.5% revenue growth guidance
Border infrastructure is not the cause of friction between India and China, says MEA spokesperson
- EXCLUSIVE: Communities, brand and then product — CEO explains how Stack Overflow flipped the script on software development
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister