Passenger vehicle in India registers 26% growth in September, apex body SIAM
According to the latest data by
Motorcycle sales were at 12,24,117 units as against 10,43,621 units in September 2019, up 17.3 per cent.
Scooter sales were also up marginally at 5,56,205 units from 5,55,754 units in the same month last year.
In the July-September 2020 quarter, passenger vehicles sales increased 17.02 per cent to 7,26,232 units from 6,20,620 units in the same period of last fiscal.
However, commercial vehicles sales saw a dip of 20.13 per cent at 1,33,524 units in the quarter under review as compared with 1,67,173 units in July-September 2019.
Vehicle sales across categories during the second quarter declined marginally to 55,96,223 units as against 56,51,459 units in the same period of the previous fiscal.
SEE ALSO: Dow Jones ends lower for third day as weak jobless claims, stimulus impasse weigh on sentiment
HCL Tech's second quarter to see a boost from cloud adoption — analysts expect it to breach 3.5% revenue growth guidance
Border infrastructure is not the cause of friction between India and China, says MEA spokesperson
Popular on BI
- Which countries are most affected by severe seismic activity? New earthquake metric provides fresh perspective
- Exicom Tele-Systems to raise ₹429 cr via IPO; sets price band at ₹135-142/share
- Kawasaki Ninja 500 sports bike launched in India at ₹5.24 lakh
- Vodafone Idea board to meet on Feb 27 to consider fundraising proposal
- Stocks rebound: Sensex jumps over 500 points, Nifty hits fresh high