Tata Motors launches CNG version of Altroz; price starts at ₹7.55 lakh
Tata Motorson Monday launched the CNG version of its premium hatchback Altrozat an introductory price of Rs 7.55 lakh.
- It is equipped with a twin-cylinder CNG technology and comes with advanced features such as voice-assisted electric sunroof, wireless charger and air purifier, among others.
- The new offering also comes with premium features such as projector headlamps, LED DRLs, R16 diamond cut alloy wheels and more.
AdvertisementNew Delhi, May 22 (PTI) Tata Motors on Monday launched the CNG version of its premium hatchback Altroz at an introductory price of Rs 7.55 lakh (ex-showroom all-India). The Altroz iCNG comes in six variants priced between Rs 7.55 lakh and Rs 10.55 lakh (all prices ex-showroom all-India), Tata Motors said in a statement.
It is equipped with a twin-cylinder CNG technology and comes with advanced features such as voice-assisted electric sunroof, wireless charger and air purifier, among others.
The twin CNG cylinders are located below the luggage area with valves and pipes protected under the load floor thereby minimising the risk of potential damage, the company added.
Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd and Tata Passenger Electric Mobility Ltd Managing Director
However, opting for a CNG meant compromising on aspirational features and to give up boot space significantly, which Tata Motors was able to address in January last year by launching the advanced iCNG technology in other models
"With the breakthrough of the twin-cylinder CNG technology and advanced features we are expecting more personal segment buyers to strongly consider this option.
"Our multi-powertrain strategy in the Altroz portfolio today offers petrol, diesel, iturbo and iCNG, providing an array of options for the customers to choose from," Chandra said.
The Altroz iCNG will bolster Tata Motors' 'New Forever' range and continue to sustain growth momentum in passenger cars, he added.
The Altroz iCNG comes with enhanced safety features like a micro-switch to keep the car switched off at the time of refueling and thermal incident protection that cuts off CNG supply to the engine and releases gas into the atmosphere as a measure of safety.
The new offering also comes with premium features such as projector headlamps, LED DRLs, R16 diamond cut alloy wheels, an 8-speaker touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple Carplay connectivity, Tata Motors said.
Is WhatsApp secretly listening to your private conversations? Here’s how to check
Google Pixel 6a vs Pixel 7a: Is Google's latest mid-ranger worth the extra ₹12,000?
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala