Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
AdvertisementIn an event held at the company's headquarters in Austin, Texas, Musk delivered the truck to about a dozen people and predicted that it would usher in a new, more exciting era, reports The Verge.
The company also revealed updated details about the pricing, range, and features of the truck at the event.
The rear-wheel drive version of the
The dual-motor and tri-motor "
The prices stated at the event are significantly higher than the $50,000 price range the tech billionaire had long said the vehicle would retail for.
At the event, Musk invited Tesla's chief designer, Franz Von Holzhausen, to redo the infamous window strength demonstration from 2019, where he had previously attempted to smash the supposed armour-plated glass with a ball bearing but failed.
This time, Von Holzhausen threw a baseball, and the glass successfully withstood the projectile.
Popular on BI
- Exicom Tele-Systems IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger