The designer for Bentley, Aston Martin and Jaguar will now work on Ola Electric's new models
- Burgess is the man behind designs of the iconic Bentley Arnage, Aston Martin’s DB9 in the mid 2000s and more recently, the Jaguar XF, F-Type, F-Pace SUV, XE among others.
OlaElectric, which is set to begin production of its first batch of electric two-wheelers, aims to produce bikes, cars and more.
- In its EV mission, Ola had also recently announced its plan to set up charging stations across India.
AdvertisementCab-aggregator Ola’s ambitious electric vehicle (EV) arm has brought on board
Burgess is the man behind the designs of Bentley Arnage, Aston Martin’s DB9 in the mid 2000s and more recently, the Jaguar XF, F-Type, F-Pace SUV, XE among others.
In his most recent role in the automotive industry, Burgess was the head designer of the Jaguar F-type sports cars.
“Wayne [Burgess] is a fantastic addition to our leadership team and will bring global appeal and a design aesthetic to our industry changing
Ola Electric, which is set to begin production of its first batch of electric two-wheelers, aims to produce bikes, cars and more. The company plans to be the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturing unit with a production capacity of 10 million vehicles by next year. This year, the company said it is starting production of two million vehicles from its plant set up in Tamil Nadu.
In its EV mission, Ola had also recently announced its plan to set up charging stations across India. The company aims to have a network of over 400 cities with more than 100,000 charging points over the next few years.
Ola Electric, is a subsidiary of the ride-hailing giant Ola group, and is a ‘unicorn’ in its own right.
Maruti wants to up its SUV game after Brezza’s success — that means taking on M&M, Hyundai and Kia head on
Popular on BI
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- This start-up creates ‘green’ water out of thin air and sells it at ₹4 per liter
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Best sandwich makers in India
- Orange alerts issued to 3 states by the weather department – what does it mean?
- Best moisturizer for face in India for daily use
- You can pre-book iPhone 14 even before its launch, only if you are willing to pay $9,520 for it
- Twitter seeks judicial review against new content blocking directives from the IT Ministry