This electric scooter will have the same range as that of the Tata Nexon EV
- The Simple One is an upcoming
electric scooter, all set to launch in select cities in India later this year.
- The Simple One is expected to be priced under ₹1,20,000, undercutting its direct rival from Ather Energy.
Simple One electric scooteralso comes with a customisable touchscreen that offers Bluetooth and 4G connectivity, remote locking and more.
AdvertisementThe Simple One electric scooter is nearing its launch and before going official, the company has announced a major upgrade that brings the electric scooter’s range in line with electric cars.
According to the company’s latest announcement, Simple One buyers will be able to opt for an additional battery pack that will enhance the scooter’s range to over 300 kilometres – a few kilometres short of the Tata Nexon EV’s 315KM range. If you have been waiting to go on a road trip on an electric two-wheeler, this might be it.
Today, we're announcing a new configuration for #SimpleOne customers that want even more range on their scooter — t… https://t.co/4NGa6pvv5i— Simple Energy (@SimpleEnergyEV) 1646125861000
When launched, the Simple One’s unique selling point will be its range – the Bengaluru-based startup promises that its first electric scooter will have a range of up to 240 kilometres in Eco mode, which is more efficient than Sports mode as Eco mode prioritises the range over speed.
Simple One’s direct electric scooter rival would be the Ather 450X, which has a real-world range of 80-85 kilometres. However, the 450X has a smaller 2.9 kWh battery, which has an impact on its range.
The Ola S1 Pro, on the other hand, promises a range of 100-130 km, and the real-world range should be a little lower than that.
Simple One electric scooter price and launch date
The Simple One electric scooter’s price is expected to be in the range of ₹1,10,000 to ₹1,20,000. It will be launched in select cities in south India during the initial phases. This includes Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad. Other cities will be added later, the company has confirmed.
In an interview with Business Insider, Simple Energy’s founder Suhas Rajkumar confirmed that Mumbai and Delhi are on the radar, too.
Simple One will offer a top speed of 100 km/h
The Simple One might feature a slim frame, but the company says that the electric scooter will offer a top speed of up to 100 km/h. Not just that, it is claimed to go from 0-50 km/h in 3.6 seconds.
Powering the Simple One will be a 4.8 kWh (kilowatt-hour) battery that can be removed and charged inside your home, in case you don’t have the place to set up the charger in your parking lot.
Rajkumar also confirmed that the Simple One will support fast charging. This can charge up the battery completely in 70 minutes, he added, stating that the company's public chargers will support fast charging.
Here’s how much buying and owning an electric scooter costs in India versus a petrol scooter
Best scooters and bikes in India under ₹1 lakh
Top electric scooters and electric bikes in India
Popular on BI
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts