Exclusive: First live pics of Triton Model H electric SUV leaked ahead of next week’s launch
Triton Model His all set to launch in India next week.
- Ahead of the launch, Business Insider brings you exclusive pictures of the upcoming electric SUV.
- The Model H boasts a range of 1,120 kilometres and the company is dubbed as a Tesla rival.
The US-based electric car maker had started accepting pre-bookings of the Model H sports utility vehicle (SUV) back in May this year. The company is called Tesla’s rival in the US and is also planning to launch an initial public offering (IPO) soon.
The Triton Model H is the first car from the company’s stable to launch in India. It comes in seven colour options and the one that we spotted is Metallic Blue. Pre-bookings are still live, and you can submit your details here to reserve your unit.
Triton Model H electric SUV – everything we know so far
The Triton Model H electric SUV is driven by four motors that combined generate 1,500 horsepower. The company’s founder, Himanshu Patel, calls it a ‘Super SUV’. Triton claims that the car can go from 0-96 kilometres in 2.9 seconds. It comes with features like a large solar panel roof, reducing the need for an air conditioner at all times.
The Model H is backed by a set of 200kWh (kilowatt-hour) batteries – Triton says that this is proprietary technology. It also claims that the car has a range of 1,120 kilometres and can hypercharge in 2 hours.
The company has a manufacturing plant in Pune, which has a manufacturing capacity of 100 cars in five-six months. “We will start pre booking for 1000 cars but we will deliver 100 immediately,” Patel said in an exclusive interview with Business Insider.
In the US, where the car was launched last March, Model H costs $1,40,000 (approx. ₹1.05 crore). But Patel promises it will be cheaper in India. “But the Model H we are launching in India, is a vehicle made in India. It won’t be directly [sic] that price point, it will definitely be less than what it costs in the US,” Patel added further.
Mahindra XUV700 SUV: Booking starts from October 7
Tata Punch: Here are all the details including price, features and launch date
Volkswagen Taigun: All you need to know about price, features and rivals
Popular on BI
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Marico Q3 net profit falls 5% to ₹333 cr, revenue up 2.6% to ₹2,470 cr
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore
- Gautam Adani loses richest Indian tag in 1 yr as he drops from 2 to 21 in world rich list