Upcoming CNG cars in India in 2023
CNGcars are an economical alternative to petrol and diesel cars.
- Automakers are expected to launch several CNG cars in India in 2023.
- Tata Nexon CNG, Kia Sonet CNG and Brezza CNG are among the cars expected to launch in 2023.
AdvertisementThe rising cost of petrol and diesel has prompted people to look for cheaper alternatives. While electric cars have become quite popular recently, not everyone may be comfortable with the range offered and the time it takes to charge them. If you are one of them, you can go with a CNG car.
CNG cars have picked up pace again and companies like Tata Motor and Maruti Suzuki have recently launched CNG cars such as the Tata Tiago NRG iCNG and the Alto K10 CNG.
Automakers are expected to launch more CNG cars in 2023 as they are more economical for riders. In this post we look at the CNG cars expected to launch in India in 2023.
Upcoming CNG cars expected to launch in India in 2023
Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha CNG
Maruti Suzuki is expected to introduce another CNG variant of its top-end Baleno Alpha CNG in India in the first half of 2023. The car is expected to be priced below INR 10 lakh. It is expected to be equipped with a 1.2-litre petrol engine and a 55-litre CNG tank. In CNG mode, the car is expected to offer 74.49 PS of power and 98.5 Nm of peak torque.
Tata Nexon CNG
Tata Motor’s popular SUV Nexon is also expected to get a CNG variant in 2023. This will make it one of the few cars in the country to be available in petrol, diesel, electric and CNG variants. The Tata Nexon CNG is expected to be equipped with a 1.2-litre engine.
Kia Sonet CNG
Kia has been spotted testing the Sonet CNG, which features a design similar to its petrol variant. The car is expected to be launched in the second half of 2023 and is expected to be equipped with a 1-litre turbo petrol engine, which is expected to offer 118 bhp of power and 172 Nm of peak torque. We should know more about the car in the coming weeks.
Maruti Suzuki Brezza CNG
The Maruti Suzuki Brezza is another popular car that is expected to get a CNG variant soon. The Brezza CNG will be a compact SUV and is expected to be equipped with an automatic gearbox. The car is expected to be equipped with a 1.5-litre K15C bi-fuel engine that offers 87 bhp of power and 112 Nm of peak torque.
Tata Punch CNG
Tata Punch, the company’s affordable SUV is also expected to get a CNG variant in 2023. The Tata Punch CNG is expected to be equipped with a 1.2-litre engine and a 5-speed manual gearbox. The car is expected to retain the same design as the petrol variant.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG
Toyota has confirmed the launch of the Urban Cruiser Hyryder CNG in India. It is expected to be equipped with a 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine that can generate 102 bhp of power and 136.8 Nm of peak torque. The car is expected to be equipped with a 5-speed manual gearbox and offer a range of 26.1 km.
Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
BYD dominates the electric car market in Q3 2022 with 6 cars in the top 10
Lamborghini Urus Performante – This Super SUV can go from 0 to 100 kmph in just 3.3 seconds
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media