Best upcoming electric bikes in India in 2023
- The year of 2023 is expected to witness the launch of several electric bikes in India.
- KTM E-Duke, Ola Electric Bike and Husqvarna E-Pilen are among the electric bikes expected to be launched in India in 2023.
AdvertisementElectric bikes have come a long way and are no longer limited to just slow-speed models that offer a limited range. The past few years, especially, 2022 has been great for the electric two-wheeler industry as the sales have received a good boost, led by companies like Revolt and Kratos.
The year of 2023 is expected to be much better for both consumers and the auto industry as several companies — including existing two-wheeler giants such as Bajaj, Yamaha and KTM are expected to introduce their electric bikes in India in 2023.
Upcoming electric bikes in India
Ultraviolette F77 - the electric superbike
The Ultraviolette F77 is a premium electric bike that was showcased in November 2022 with a price tag starting at ₹3.8 lakh. It is expected to hit the showrooms in 2023 and will be the most expensive electric bike in the country. The bike targets those looking for an electric superbike with a sporty design. It offers a top speed of 152 km per hour and can go from 0 to 100 in just 2.9 seconds. The bike is claimed to offer a range of up to 307 km.
Ola Electric Bike: With Twitterati inputs
After launching the S1 series of electric scooters, Bhavish Aggarwal-led Ola Electric is gearing up to launch another electric bike in the country. The company is reportedly planning on launching an electric scooter in 2023 and Aggarwal even asked users on Twitter what kind of bike style they liked.
Oben Rorr: The sporty bike
The Oben Rorr is another sporty electric bike that is expected to hit the streets in 2023. The Bengaluru-based startup has claimed that it has received 17,000 bookings for the electric bike which has been priced at ₹99,999. The electric bike is claimed to offer a top speed of 100 km per hour and a range of 150 km on a single charge. It will be available for test rides in the first half of 2023.
KTM E-Duke: Going long distance
After the success of the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter, Bajaj is expected to introduce the KTM E-Duke in India in 2023. The electric bike is expected to be launched in the first half of 2023. The bike is expected to be equipped with a 5.5 kW battery and offer 10kW of nominal power. It is expected to offer a range of 100 km on a single charge.
Husqvarna E-Pilen: From the House of Bajaj
The Husqvarna E-Pilen will be another electric bike from the house of Bajaj. Bajaj, a major shareholder of Husqvarna’s parent company, is expected to launch the company’s electric scooter in India in 2023. It will be equipped with a similar battery and motor as the KTM E-Duke. The electric bike is expected to feature a sport design and offer a range of 100 km on a single charge.
Raptee Electric Bike: Top speed
Raptee is another company that is expected to introduce its electric bike in India in 2023. The company’s electric bike was spotted earlier this year and is expected to be launched in the first half of 2023. The bike is expected to offer a top speed of 135 km per hour and a range of 150 km on a single charge.
Hero Electric AE-47: With a swappable battery
The Hero Electric AE-47, showcased during the Auto Expo 2020 is expected to finally debut in 2023. The electric bike is expected to be equipped with a swappable battery, allowing users to easily change the battery when they are low on power. The bike is expected to offer a range of 150 km on a single charge.
2023 BMW S 1000 R superbike offers a top speed of 303 km per hour – price, specs and features
BYD dominates the electric car market in Q3 2022 with 6 cars in the top 10
Lamborghini Urus Performante – This Super SUV can go from 0 to 100 kmph in just 3.3 seconds
Popular on BI
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- US condemns attack on Indian Consulate in San Francisco; pledges to defend safety, security
- Paul Grant who played Ewok on Star Wars passes away at 56
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge up in morning trade led by gains in financial services, PSU bank stocks
- Always open for negotiation: Putin tells Xi Jinping on Ukraine peace plan
- Time to accumulate bonds and lock-in attractive yields with peak rates around the horizon