Upcoming electric cars in India in 2023 – Mahindra, MG, Hyundai cars in the list
- The electric car segment in India is heating up with multiple launches by automakers.
- The upcoming year is also expected to be packed with launches from companies like Tata Motors, Mahindra, MG and more.
- Here are some of the
electric carsexpected to launch in India in 2023.
AdvertisementElectric vehicles (EV) have received a good boost in India thanks to rising fuel prices and subsidies being offered by the government for EVs. Electric cars have also become quite popular in the country and this is evident from the slew of launches.
From affordable cars such as the Tata Tiago to premium electric cars such as the BYD Atto 3, several electric cars have been launched in India in 2022. The year 2023 will also be packed with electric car launches from companies like Tata Motors, MG, Mahindra and others.
In this post, we look at some of the
Best upcoming electric cars in India in 2023
Mahindra XUV400 EV
The Mahindra XUV400 EV will be among the first electric cars to be launched in 2023. The XUV400, the company’s first all-electric SUV, will be launched in January 2023 and will be available in three variants. The electric car claims to offer a range of 456 km on a single charge. The car can be charged from 0 to 80% in 50 minutes, allowing you to quickly charge your car. It is expected to be priced between ₹17 - ₹20 lakh.
Tata Altroz EV
Tata Motors, one of the leaders of the Indian electric car segment, is expected to launch an electric variant of its popular internal combustion engine (ICE) hatchback Altroz. The Altroz EV will be equipped with the company’s Ziptron high-voltage technology and is expected to offer a range of 250-300 km on a single charge. It is most likely to feature the same design as its ICE variant with minor EV-specific changes. The vehicle can be charged from 0 to 80% in just 60 minutes.
MG Air EV
The MG Air EV, a compact electric car, is expected to be launched in the first half of 2023 in India. The hatchback was showcased at the G20 summit in Indonesia and was the official vehicle used by government delegates. The starting price is expected to be around ₹10 lakh in the country. The car is expected to offer a range between 200 to 300 km on a single charge. The car features a single front-axle fitted electric motor with a power output of around 68 hp.
Hyundai IONIQ 5
Hyundai is expected to unveil IONIQ 5, the company’s second electric car in the country in the coming weeks. The car has already been launched globally. The car, based on the E-GMP platform, offers up to 480 km of range on a single charge. The car can be charged from 10 to 80% in just 18 minutes. The company has revealed that customers will be able to customize the interiors of the EV.
Citroen is expected to launch its first electric car, the eC3 EV in India in the first quarter of 2023. The premium hatchback is expected to be priced around ₹12 lakh and will take on the likes of the Tata Tiago EV. While the company has not revealed any details yet, the car is expected to be equipped with a 30.2kWh battery pack and offer a range of up to 350 km on a single charge. The electric car is expected to offer a power of 86 hp.
If you are in the market for a premium electric SUV, the BMW iX1 is the car you need to wait for. The all-electric SUV is expected to be priced around ₹60 lakh and is expected to be launched in the second half of 2023. As per reports, the car is equipped with a dual electric motor that can generate 313 hp of power and 494 Nm of peak torque. The car is expected to offer a range of up to 438 km on a single charge. It can be charged up to 80% in just 29 minutes using public high-speed stations.
BYD dominates the electric car market in Q3 2022 with 6 cars in the top 10
Lamborghini Urus Performante – This Super SUV can go from 0 to 100 kmph in just 3.3 seconds
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a luxury 4x4 adventurer at ₹77.5 lakh
Popular on BI
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need
- LinkedIn introduces ID Verification feature for Indian users
- Ivan Menezes, India-born CEO of Johnnie Walker whisky's maker Diageo, passes away