Adani Group to pre-pay $1.1 bn for release of pledged shares ahead of maturity in September 2024
Adani Grouphas said that the promoters will pre-pay $1,114 million for the release of pledged shares ahead of the maturity in September 2024.
- These shares belong to Adani Ports & Special Economic Zones,
Adani GreenEnergy and Adani Transmission.
- This is part of the company's assurnce to pre-pay all share-backed financing.
"This is in continuation of promoters' assurance to pre-pay all share-backed financing," it said.
This statement assumes significance in view of the allegations of fraud and stock manipulation by a short-seller against the Adani Group, which led to a steep fall in the share prices of group firms.
"In light of the recent market volatility and in continuation of promoters commitment to reduce the overall promoter leverage backed by Adani listed companies shares, we are pleased to inform that promoters have posted the amounts to pre-pay USD 1,114 million ahead of its maturity of September 2024", the statement said.
On pre-payment, 168.27 million shares of Adani Ports & Special Economic Zones representing 12 per cent of the promoter's holding will be released.
In the case of Adani Green, 27.56 million shares representing 3 per cent of the promoter's holding will be released.
Also, 11.77 million shares of Adani Transmission representing 1.4 per cent of the promoter's holding will be freed.
Adani group stocks continue to plummet – lose ₹59,844 crore in market capitalisation on Monday
Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
Hindenburg Effect: Last 9 days wipe out gains clocked by Adani Group in 2022
Popular on BI
- A fifth of Indians feel sleepy at work, future worries keep ‘em awake
- Top ChatGPT 4 plugins: From math, physics and language tutor to vacation planner
- Most of India's statewide heat action plans are inadequate to deal with local risks, new CPR report says
- CIRP initiated in cases of DHFL, ABG Shipyard, Bhushan Power & Steel
- Oscar-winner Kartiki Gonsalves joins Nagesh Kukunoor, Mira Nair who made a splash on debut