Adani Transmission becomes first group company to hit ₹4 lakh crore market cap
- Shares of Adani Transmission, which delivered more than three-fold returns to investors in the last one year, and is valued at ₹4 lakh crore.
- It is one of the largest private sector power transmission companies in India with a presence across the western, northern and central regions of India.
- The power transmission company is the largest Adani Group company in terms of market capitalization.
AdvertisementBillionaire Gautam Adani-owned Adani Transmission has become the first group company to reach ₹4 lakh crore valuation.
In terms of market cap, it has overtaken telecom giant Bharti Airtel, cigarette-to-hotels conglomerate ITC, biggest paint maker Asian Paints. Currently, it’s the eleventh most valuable company in India and is counted among multibaggers stocks that have delivered more than three times returns to its investors.
The collective market cap of all Adani group companies accounts to $237 billion. The chairman of the group Gautam Adani, who runs seven listed companies, is the fourth richest man in the world with a net worth of $128 billion surpassing Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.
Rally in the shares of Adani Transmission is aided by a positive market momentum fueled by easing inflation in the country along with a turnaround in FII flows.
“Moderating domestic inflation level has raised expectations that interest rate hike by the central bank may slow down going ahead. While strong FII fund infusion has certainly bolstered the sentiment of investors,” said Shrikant Chouhan, head of equity research (Retail) at Kotak Securities.
Adani Transmission is one of the largest private sector power transmission companies in India with a presence across the western, northern and central regions of India.
The company has a power transmission line length of close to 14,279 circuit kilometers and distributes power to over 1.2 crore customers. It grew inorganically and acquired two transmission companies in the last two years. Further, it intends to access and supplant 30% of Mumbai’s energy needs with renewable energy by 2023.
Another Adani Group company closest to the ₹4 trillion mark is Adani Total Gas. It supplies the piped natural gas (PNG) to the industrial, commercial, domestic (residential) and compressed natural gas (CNG) to the transport sector.
|Nifty 50 stocks below ₹4 trillion m-cap||Market cap (₹ lakh crore)|
|Adani Total Gas||₹3.82|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||₹3.65|
|Adani Green Energy||₹3.50|
A major breakthrough for the company was its entry into electric mobility by launching its first electric vehicle charging station in Ahmedabad.
|Adani Group companies||Market cap||% return in 2022 so far|
|Adani Transmission||₹4 lakh crore||249%|
|Adani Total Gas||₹3.82 lakh crore||257%|
|Adani Enterprises||₹3.51 lakh crore||106%|
|Adani Green Energy||₹3.50 lakh crore||136%|
|Adani Ports||₹1.74 lakh crore|
|Adani Power||₹1.39 lakh crore||353%|
|Adani Wilmar||₹90,158 crore||158%|
SEE ALSO: Your milk will now get dearer as Mother Dairy and Amul raise prices by ₹2 per litre
Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
Popular on BI
- PhonePe opens 50,000 sq ft office in Pune
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Walmart helps Indian exporters to grow their marketplace in US and Canada
- Best Amazon deals on grooming essentials during Great Indian Festival sale
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education