Aditya Birla Sun Life MF halts fresh subscriptions in two debt funds
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
View all Offers
View all Offers
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 6 inch Queen Bed Size, Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x60x6, Foam)₹ 7849₹ 14165Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alpha Engineered Wood Wardrobe Imperial Teak , 4 Doors₹ 18999₹ 33499Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Canes Engineered Wood Queen Bed with Box Storage (Wenge finish)₹ 13449₹ 24000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Cygnus Engineered Wood TV Cabinet with Drawers (Espresso Finish)₹ 6359₹ 10999Buy On
AmazonBasics Mid Back Office Chair (Black, Leather)₹ 5999₹ 11000Buy On
The move comes after Franklin Templeton MF last month closed six of its debt funds, citing redemption pressures and lack of liquidity in the bond markets.
In order to protect the interest of investors,
Further, no fresh registration under
"We have stopped taking additional money in our credit oriented funds - Medium Term Plan and Credit Risk Fund. We believe that there are substantial gains in our funds which would be realized by the existing investors over next few months", the fund house said in a statement.
"Since we do not wish to dilute this for existing investors by taking more money in these funds, we have stopped fresh subscriptions in these funds. This is done in the interest of investors," it added.
AdvertisementIndustry experts said except for government bonds and a few AAA names, other segments of the bond market are facing liquidity problems in the secondary market.
SEE ALSO: Reliance strikes 5th deal, sells 2.32% in Jio Platforms for Rs 11,367 cr to KKR
Popular on BI
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season