After Google, PwC India declares a company-wide holiday for its employees this Friday – offers time off for a 'well-deserved' break
PwC Indiahas introduced a ‘Pens down Day’ on Friday, turning it into a three-day weekend for its employees.
- The consulting firm is giving the day off to its employees for them to unwind.
- Earlier, Google too had announced a company wide holiday on May 22, giving the employees time to address the work-from-home-related burnout during the coronavirus pandemic.
In an email to its employees the company said, “We hope the clear three-day weekend will give you the time to recharge and spend time with your loved ones, on activities you have not been able to focus on or simply in whatever way you’d like to unplug”.
But the ‘off day’ will be deducted from the employees’ earned leaves. Employees who already have prior meetings scheduled for the day will be able to take up a day off on another day this month.
View this post on Instagram
We can't thank our people enough for raising the bar on delivering value continuously. As a token of our appreciation, we've announced a Pens-Down day so our people can unplug, unwind and de-stress in the way they want to. It's a long weekend ahead of us as we get set to key in our Out Of Office messages. #welldeservedbreak #bewellworkwell #emergingstronger
PwC, which had deferred appraisals and bonuses in March in light of the coronavirus pandemic, had also said that it will roll out the hikes and promotions for its employees in October.
Earlier, Google too had announced a company wide holiday on May 22, giving the employees time to address the work-from-home-related burnout during the coronavirus pandemic.
Work from home fun is over – now there are endless work hours, midnight calls from bosses and employees are not happy
WhatsApp is starting lending and insurance with a number of users that Paytm, PhonePe and Amazon took years to build
- Indigo’s net loss widens to ₹1,194 crore despite cost cuts, revenue dips 66%
- Shapoorji Pallonji Group proposes plan for separation from Tata Sons
- Syska Group onboards Rajkummar Rao as its brand ambassador
- Pepperfry's Diwali ad will remind you of all the times you fought with your loved ones for your favourite spot at home
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer