Axis Bank’s net profit grows 70% to ₹5,330 crore in Q2
- Axis Bank, one of the leading private banks in the country, beat analyst expectations to report a 31% YoY surge in net interest income for the second quarter.
- The lender also reported an improvement in asset quality as its provisions declined.
- Its wealth management solution for ultra-high net worth clients surged to 4,035 families, from 2,790 families in the last one year.
Its net interest income (NII) went up by 31% to ₹10,360 crore for the September ending quarter, on a year-on-year basis.
Net interest margins (NIMs) – a measure of how much a bank is earning as interest income from its customers versus how much it is paying on deposits – improved to 3.96% – up 57 bps YoY, and 36 bps sequentially.
Axis Bank reported a 20% growth in standalone total income to ₹24,180 crore, from ₹20,134 crore in the year-ago quarter.
Its net loans surged 18% YoY to ₹7,30,875 crore, with retail loans accounting for 58% of the total loan book — with 79% of them being secured.
Provisions declined 68% to ₹550 crore from ₹1,735 crore a year ago, contributing to the surge in net profit in the quarter.
Payments and digital services
During the quarter, Axis Bank issued 1.04 million new credit cards, with a spends market share of 13% in the nine months of calendar year 2022. It also witnessed 73% YoY growth in UPI transactions during the quarter, with a market share of 16%.
The bank’s wealth management solution, Burgundy, surged to ₹2,68,754 crore worth assets under management. Burgundy Private, its offering for ultra-high net worth clients, surged to 4,035 families, from 2,790 families in the last one year, the bank said.
|Particulars||Q2 FY23||Q1 FY23||Q2 FY22|
|Total income||₹24,180 crore||₹21,728 crore||₹20,134 crore|
|Net interest income||₹10,360 crore||₹9,384 crore||₹7,900 crore|
|Net profit||₹5,330 crore||₹4,125 crore||₹3,133 crore|
Source: Company reports
$AXISBANK.NSE is near it's all time high.... Looking for a good breakout but facing some resistance from the current level and little resistance ahead around 875-900 level...Strong close abv 900 will take it to new high...With quarter results near we may even see a gap up if results are good...But everyone is advised to stay cautious and add once it closes abv 900... Note:- We are not SEBI registered. Please consult your financial advisor before taking any trade.— (@FunTechAdda) October 20, 2022
UltraTech Cement’s profit tumbles 42% YoY to ₹756 crore due to higher power, raw material costs
Moderating FPI outflows suggest QT cycle could be peaking says report
Indian students going abroad to face a triple whammy of inflation, forex and interest rates
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- From Tata Punch EV to Lamborghini Revuelto, cars set to launch in India in December
- Climate Finance Top of the Agenda at The Second Edition of R.A.C.E. Sustainability Summit Held on the Opening Day of COP28 in the UAE
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
- GDP reading, exit polls push Nifty to record high; Sensex jumps over 400 points
- Plan your year-end – Banks shut for nine days all over India in December