Bajaj Finance net profit zooms 88% YoY to ₹2,781 crore, asset quality sees improvement
- Bajaj Finance’s Q2 net profit grew 88% to ₹2,781 crore as compared to the same quarter last year.
- The NBFC reported an improvement in its asset quality, while new loan accounts increased 7% year-on-year.
- The company also reported a decline in provisions by over 43%, aiding in its profit growth.
AdvertisementBajaj Finance today reported an 88% jump in its second quarter profit to ₹2,781 crore, as compared to the same quarter last year. Its net interest income (NII) increased by 31% to ₹7,001 crore in the same period.
Its total income rose 29% to ₹9,968 crore for the quarter from ₹7,731 crore in the year-ago quarter. Its total assets under management surged 31% to ₹2,18,366 crore.
Its asset quality witnessed a major improvement with net non-performing assets (NPAs) declining to 0.44% in the quarter from 1.1% a year ago, and 0.51% in Q1.
In an update earlier, Bajaj Finance revealed that its customer base has surged 19% year-on-year to 62.91 million. It also announced that deposits surged 37% in this period, while its company’s surplus liquidity fell 19% sequentially. This, according to analysts at Jefferies, will help support net interest margins during the quarter.
The company’s provisions also fell over 43% to ₹734 crore from ₹1,300 crore a year ago. New loan accounts grew 7% in the quarter.
The operating expenditure (Opex) to NII ratio – which explains how much the company has spent in its operations to earn its NII in the quarter – remained unchanged sequentially to 35.9%. It has seen an improvement from the year ago period, though, which was 38.1%.
Bajaj Finance expects to maintain its opex to NII ratio between 35-36% in FY23.
Bajaj Finance also said it is gradually passing on the higher interest rates to its customers.
The Jefferies report also recommended a ‘hold’ rating with a target price of ₹8,000 – an upside of 7.8% from the current share price.
Here’s Bajaj Finance’s Q2 in numbers:
|Particulars||Q2 FY23||Q1 FY23||Q2 FY22|
|Total income||₹9,968 crore||₹9,283 crore||₹7,734 crore|
|Net interest income||₹7,001 crore||₹6,638 crore||₹5,337 crore|
|Net profit||₹2,781 crore||₹2,596 crore||₹1,481 crore|
Source: Company reports
Overall, Bajaj Finance’s total employee count stood at 39,423, up from 37,873 in the previous quarter.
UltraTech Cement’s profit tumbles 42% YoY to ₹756 crore due to higher power, raw material costs
Moderating FPI outflows suggest QT cycle could be peaking says report
Indian students going abroad to face a triple whammy of inflation, forex and interest rates
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns