Cipla shares fall over 8 pc; market cap declines by Rs 8,319 crore
At the NSE, it fell 7.63 per cent to Rs 1,174.40.
On the traded volume front, 2.83 lakh shares of the company were traded at the BSE and over 76.43 lakh shares at the NSE during the day.
In a letter to the company's Managing Director Umang Vohra, the
"This warning letter summarises significant violations of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations for finished pharmaceuticals...Because your methods, facilities, or controls for manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding do not conform to CGMP, your drug products are adulterated," it noted.
A warning letter is issued when the US health regulator finds that a manufacturer has significantly violated its regulations.
"Your firm failed to thoroughly investigate any unexplained discrepancy or failure of a batch or any of its components to meet any of its specifications, whether or not the batch has already been distributed," the USFDA stated in the letter.
Popular on BI
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season