Gautam Adani’s net worth has crossed $60 billion – thanks to Adani Ports’ profits
- As per Forbes real time data on billionaires, Adani’s wealth has now crossed $60 billion.
- In fact, Adani beat the world’s richest Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in terms of wealth amassed in 2021.
- The billionaire runs the conglomerate Adani Group, which has six listed companies with a combined worth of over $80 billion.
The billionaire runs the conglomerate Adani Group, which has six listed companies with a combined worth of over $80 billion.
The surge in his wealth comes from the market rally in the stocks of his companies in the last few months.
Here’s how the share price of the listed entities of the Adani group have grown in the last six months (since October, 2020).
|Company||Share price jump since Oct, 2020|
|Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone||118.1%|
|Adani Green Energy||47.4%|
2020 turned out to be a great year for Adani with most of his businesses witnessing their profits go up.
Adani’s ports business has been one of the most successful ventures, which has also seen rapid expansion in the last year. With the acquisition of several new ports in the country, the Adani subsidiary company saw its market share in container volumes go up from 5% to 41% in the last financial year. Overall, the company has a market share of 25%, witnessing a growth of 4% in FY21.
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- India’s 73rd Republic Day – Here are some inspirational quotes to remember
- Adani Wilmar is a good FMCG bet to invest at a reasonable IPO price, say analysts
- Sensex tanks over 900 points, Nifty slips below 17,000 — Asian Paints, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, L&T, Reliance Industries and HDFC Bank top losers
- Indian smartphone market grew 12% with record 162 million shipments in 2021: Canalys
- India's daily COVID-19 cases fall after five days, positivity rate dips to 15.5%