Gautam Adani’s net worth has crossed $60 billion – thanks to Adani Ports’ profits
- As per Forbes real time data on billionaires, Adani’s wealth has now crossed $60 billion.
- In fact, Adani beat the world’s richest Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in terms of wealth amassed in 2021.
- The billionaire runs the conglomerate Adani Group, which has six listed companies with a combined worth of over $80 billion.
The billionaire runs the conglomerate Adani Group, which has six listed companies with a combined worth of over $80 billion.
The surge in his wealth comes from the market rally in the stocks of his companies in the last few months.
Here’s how the share price of the listed entities of the Adani group have grown in the last six months (since October, 2020).
|Company||Share price jump since Oct, 2020|
|Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone||118.1%|
|Adani Green Energy||47.4%|
2020 turned out to be a great year for Adani with most of his businesses witnessing their profits go up.
Adani’s ports business has been one of the most successful ventures, which has also seen rapid expansion in the last year. With the acquisition of several new ports in the country, the Adani subsidiary company saw its market share in container volumes go up from 5% to 41% in the last financial year. Overall, the company has a market share of 25%, witnessing a growth of 4% in FY21.
Popular on BI
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders