Here’s a diesel variant that can not only save ₹1 lakh a year but can also help clean your engine
Jio-bplaunches new high octane dieselfor commercial vehicle owners at the same price as regular diesel.
- The company’s new diesel variant promises savings of upto ₹1 lakh a year on improved fuel economy.
- Jio-bp says it has worked for several years with the technologists to develop a customized additive from scratch that is suited to Indian conditions.
AdvertisementIndia as a market has always been obsessed with mileage. This one factor tends to influence automobile purchases the most. Now Jio-bp has launched a new high octane diesel variant that promises to help users improve their fuel economy and improve performance too. High octane fuels typically come with additives that help burn the fuel more efficiently and are obviously priced higher, but in India this fuel will be priced at par with ordinary diesel. There is an ongoing debate on if these fuels actually improve fuel efficiency or not for passenger vehicles, but Jio-bp’s new diesel variant promises better fuel efficiency for commercial vehicles.
On Tuesday, Jio-bp said that the newly launched additivised diesel, available across the company’s network would yield annual savings of up to ₹1.1 lakh* per vehicle to truckers owing to (upto) 4.3%* improved fuel economy. This diesel with ACTIVE technology also promises to help reduce the risk of unscheduled maintenance caused by dirt build up. The company also says that its diesel variant can remove existing dirt from critical engine parts and protects against its build up with ongoing use. The fuel is designed to work across a range of commercial vehicles, and with ongoing use it offers a variety of benefits to drivers and fleet owners. It helps restore and maintain the power of the engine with ongoing use while also reducing the risk of unscheduled vehicle maintenance.
According to Jio-bp CEO, Harish C Mehta, “While every single customer is important, truckers have always held a special place for Jio-bp. Accounting for over half of truckers’ operating costs, we understand the critical impact of fuel on their overall business performance. To ease their concerns around fuel performance and engine maintenance, Jio-bp has worked over multiple years with the best technologists to develop customized additive from scratch. This additive laced high performance diesel is designed specifically for Indian vehicles, on Indian roads, and in Indian driving conditions.”
Build-up of dirt is a problem that most diesel engines are susceptible to, which can effectively impact performance and fuel efficiency of heavy vehicles. Fuel injectors in diesel vehicles are relatively more sensitive to the build up of dirt. With standard diesel, harmful dirt can build up over time and restrict the holes, which can lead to reduced pick-up, increased fuel consumption and can even lead to higher maintenance cost.
The company claims that its new diesel variant’s ACTIVE molecules can attach to existing dirt and drag it away from critical engine parts. The dirt mixes with the fuel and is then safely burnt in the engine. ACTIVE molecules also can attach to clean metal surfaces in engines, forming a protective layer which helps stop dirt binding onto the metal.
Reliance BP Mobility is a joint venture between Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and bp, which operates under the name ‘Jio-bp’ The company seeks to provide advanced mobility solutions and alternate fueling options to its customers.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala