Infosys to acquire US-based data analytics company for $125 million — deal expected to close in third quarter
Infosysis acquiring US-based data analytics firm Blue AcorniCi for $125 million.
- The new acquisition is expected to add to the company’s capabilities in the digital commerce marketplace.
- The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter of the current fiscal year.
AdvertisementThe Indian IT services giant Infosys announced that it will acquire US-based data analytics company Blue Acorn iCi for a lump sum of $125 million.
Already riding the rally in IT stocks after Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) earnings announcement yesterday,
“The move further strengthens Infosys’ end-to-end customer experience offerings and demonstrates its continued commitment to help clients navigate their digital transformation journey,” said the IT services major in a statement.
The deal, however, will not count towards the company’s second quarter earnings. The acquisition is expected to close during the third quarter of the current fiscal, subject to ‘customary closing conditions’, according to Infosys.
Making way in digital commerce
Blue Acorn’s complementary abilities will help Infosys thrive in the digital commerce space adding to the creative and marketing services it already has on hand after the acquisition of WONGDOODY.
Infosys President Ravi Kumar S iterated that the acquisition also reaffirms Infosys’ ongoing partnership with Adobe and the commitment to its ecosystem. It also deepens Infosys’ capabilities with Magento, Salesforce Commerce and Shopify ecosystems.
IN PICS: IAF displays its might with Rafale, Apache, Tejas, and others during the annual Air Force Day airshow
TCS and Wipro lead rally in IT stocks after TCS CEO announces multi-year 'technology transformation' cycle in the works
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Tax implications on income of a minor – What every parent should know
- Top 10 foods that aid in lowering cholesterol
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- From hospitality to financial services – Top 10 industries for new startups in India
- The best apps and games of 2023, as per Apple