Infosys to acquire US-based data analytics company for $125 million — deal expected to close in third quarter
Infosysis acquiring US-based data analytics firm Blue AcorniCi for $125 million.
- The new acquisition is expected to add to the company’s capabilities in the digital commerce marketplace.
- The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter of the current fiscal year.
Already riding the rally in IT stocks after Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) earnings announcement yesterday,
“The move further strengthens Infosys’ end-to-end customer experience offerings and demonstrates its continued commitment to help clients navigate their digital transformation journey,” said the IT services major in a statement.
The deal, however, will not count towards the company’s second quarter earnings. The acquisition is expected to close during the third quarter of the current fiscal, subject to ‘customary closing conditions’, according to Infosys.
Making way in digital commerce
Blue Acorn’s complementary abilities will help Infosys thrive in the digital commerce space adding to the creative and marketing services it already has on hand after the acquisition of WONGDOODY.
Infosys President Ravi Kumar S iterated that the acquisition also reaffirms Infosys’ ongoing partnership with Adobe and the commitment to its ecosystem. It also deepens Infosys’ capabilities with Magento, Salesforce Commerce and Shopify ecosystems.
IN PICS: IAF displays its might with Rafale, Apache, Tejas, and others during the annual Air Force Day airshow
TCS and Wipro lead rally in IT stocks after TCS CEO announces multi-year 'technology transformation' cycle in the works
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021