Reliance Industries will be hosting its 45th AGM this month — all you need to know
- Mukesh Ambani-led
Reliance IndustriesLimited ( RIL) will host its AGM on August 29, 2022.
- It has fixed August 19 as the record date to determine members eligible to receive dividend, if any are issued during the AGM.
- The company reported a 46% jump in its net profit ₹17,955 crore for the June 2022 quarter.
AdvertisementMukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) on Sunday announced that it will be hosting its 45th annual general meeting (AGM) at the end of this month on August 29. The meeting will take place at 2 pm through video conferencing and other audio visual means.
The company has also fixed August 22, which falls on a Monday, as the “cut-off date” for the purpose of determining the members eligible to vote on the resolutions that are set out in the notice of the AGM.
On the other hand, Reliance Industries has also fixed August 19, which falls on a Friday, as the "Record Date" for the purpose of determining the members that are eligible to receive dividend for the financial year 2021-22. “The dividend, if declared at the AGM, will be paid within a week from the conclusion of the AGM,” the company said in the stock exchange filings.
Reliance Industries reported a 46% jump in its net profit ₹17,955 crore in the quarter that ended in June 2022 on the back of strong earnings from refining and telecom businesses. It had reported net profit of ₹12,273 crore in the same quarter last year.
Its total revenue from operations came in at ₹223,113 crore, up 55% from ₹144,372 crore in the year ago period. Reliance even credited the EU embargo on Russian oil, higher gas to oil switching, strong travel demand and lower product inventory to its strong performance.
“This along with resurgent demand has resulted in tighter fuel market improved product margins. Despite significant challenges posed by the tight crude markets and higher energy and freight costs, O2C business has delivered its best performance ever,” Mukesh Ambani, chairperson and MD of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), said.
Aditya Birla Fashion records its highest ever Q1 sales, hopes Q2 to be bigger
It’s time to shift to fixed home loan rates, say experts after third rate hike in 4 months
August has a long weekend and Indian consumers are packing their bags to travel to Goa and Bali
Popular on BI
- India’s tour of South Africa – Squads, schedule, where to watch and more
- Top 10 places in India to celebrate Christmas
- Death toll rises to 12; Boats and tractors used in rescue efforts in rain-hit Chennai
- Wipro Consumer acquires 3 soap brands Jo, Doy and Bacter Shield from VVF
- 5 reasons you cannot miss Conscious Collective