SEBI eases norms for further public offers in view of Covid-19
In its circular, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) announced the lowering of the
Average market capitalisation of public shareholding refers to the sum of daily market capitalisation of public shareholding for a period of one year up to the end of the quarter preceding the month in which the proposed issue was approved by the shareholders or the board of the issuer, divided by the number of trading days.
The regulator further said that as per the temporary changes, in cases where a show cause notice has been issued by the board against the issuer or its promoters or directors or group companies in an adjudication proceeding or prosecution proceedings have been initiated, necessary disclosures in respect of such action, along with its potential adverse impact on the issuer shall be made in the offer documents.
It further said that the Regulation 155 (i) of the SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2018 shall be read as: "The issuer or promoter or promoter group or director of the issuer has fulfilled the settlement terms or adhered to directions of the settlement order(s) in cases where it has settled any alleged violation of securities laws through the consent or settlement mechanism with the Board."
These relaxations which come into immediate effect are applicable for FPOs that open on or before March 31, 2021.
The relaxations are not applicable for issuance of warrants, the circular said.
SEBI also advised the stock exchanges to bring the provisions of the circular to the notice of all entities who have listed their equity and convertible securities.
SEE ALSO: Hero Moto clocks the lowest profit in at least six quarters— but that’s still better than expected
TeamLease, one of India’s top recruiting firms, swings to a loss as it moves to a new tax regime
Popular on BI
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry