Four Indian companies join Apple, Google & Amazon as world’s top 100 brands
- TCS, HDFC Bank, Infosys and LIC were featured in the list of top 100 valuable global brands.
- TCS was the most valuable brand coming out of India, which sat on the 46th spot of the list.
- HDFC Bank was the fourth biggest bank in the world in terms of brand value.
AdvertisementFour Indian companies — namely TCS, HDFC Bank, Infosys and LIC — were featured among the top 100 global biggest brands, along with companies like Apple, Google, Amazon and Microsoft.
TCS was the most valuable brand coming out of India, which sat on the 46th spot of the list. The company’s brand value is estimated to be $50 billion by Kantar Brands 2022, the author of the ‘Most Valuable Global Brands’ report.
Its counterpart Infosys, a latest entrant in the list, was ranked at 64th position as its brand value lingered at $33 billion. Wipro —which is one of the top IT firms in India along with TCS and Infosys — was missing from the top 100 list.
Meanwhile, HDFC Bank stood at the 61st rank as the second biggest brand from India. LIC — which recently held India’s biggest public issue of ₹21,000 crore — was at the 92nd spot, with a brand value of $23 billion.
|Rank||Indian Company||Brand Value|
|#46||Tata Consultancy Service (TCS)||$50 billion|
|#61||HDFC Bank||$35 billion|
|#92||Life Insurance Corporation (LIC)||$23 billion|
TCS was the second biggest brand in the Asia Pacific Region, second only to Samsung that has a brand value of $54 billion. HDFC Bank and Infosys stood at the third and fourth position on the list, while LIC was on the eighth spot.
HDFC Bank was the fourth biggest bank in the world in terms of brand value, while TCS and Infosys were among top 20 business solution and technology providers in the world.
Apple was the most valuable brand in the world, with a brand value of $947 billion. It was followed by other tech giants Google, Amazon and Microsoft, in the same order. Facebook, which recently changed its name to Meta, stood at the eight position as its brand value was nearly a fifth of Apple’s.
|#10||Louis Vuitton||$124 billion|
The ‘Most Valuable Global Brands’ by Kantar Brandz 2022 also included IBM, Coca-Cola, Adobe, Oracle, StarBucks, Instagram, TikTok, SnapChat, Adidas and Ikea in the top 100 list.
Tough times will make startups go for ‘hero teams’, slash ad budgets and focus on profits
SpiceJet hiked its ticket prices; Indigo and others might follow suit
AdvertisementReady to take off – Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Akasa Air receives its first Boeing aircraft
Popular on BI
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story