Ahead of the festive season, Amazon opens one of its largest fulfillment centres in India
- With a storage capacity of 1.2 million cubic feet, the latest centre is in Malur Taluk, Kolar District, Karnataka.
- The fulfillment centre has been specially designed for large appliances and furniture storage.
Amazon Indiahad announced that its Great Indian Festival sale will take place from October 17 onwards and will start a day earlier for Prime users.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 65% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Parka Coat (A1223Q_Maroon_Large)₹ 916₹ 2449Buy On
- 60% OFF
RIVER JJ Valaya Solid Men's Designer Denim Bandhgala Jacket_Blue_XS₹ 4499₹ 8999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Myx Women's Cotton Regular Short Kurti₹ 339₹ 849Buy On
- 58% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (43322AZ_D.Navy_Medium)₹ 2099₹ 2099Buy On
- 51% OFF
Van Heusen SportMenPurpleLSweatshirt₹ 850₹ 1699Buy On
The centre was virtually inaugurated by B.S Yediyurappa, Chief Minister of Karnataka along with Amit Agarwal, Senior Vice President, Amazon India and Akhil Saxena, VP, Customer Fulfilment Operations, APAC, MENA & LATAM, Amazon India.
The latest fulfillment centre comes as Amazon’s continued investments in Karnataka – where it has promised four fulfilment centres with over four million cubic feet of storage space, over 35,000 sellers, 140 Amazon owned delivery stations among other things.
“The expanded fulfilment network will create thousands of work opportunities and further boost ancillary businesses in the State. At Amazon, we continue to invent on behalf of our customers and this festive season our priority is to ensure health and safety of our associates, partners and customers” said Akhil Saxena, VP, Customer Fulfilment Operations, APAC, MENA & LATAM.
Amazon India had announced that its Great Indian Festival sale will take place from October 17 onwards and will start a day earlier for Prime users. Interestingly, October 16 is also when Flipkart’s Big Billion Day sale is set to begin.
In preparation for the sale, Amazon said that it has created over 50,000 seasonal jobs as well across the country.
Amazon fights for its ‘rights’ in the Future Retail-Reliance deal – sends legal notice to the Kishore Biyani Group
Popular on BI
- India’s daily COVID-19 cases see a dip of 20,000, Omicron infections continue to surge
- How to stay creative when you feel dejected: Advertising industry’s Creative Officers share some tips
- Bajaj Finance, Tech Mahindra, Tata Power and other top stocks on January 18
- Shrinking car and two-wheeler sales is now hurting India’s biggest private bank
- The best pay masters in the gig economy aren’t good enough