Ahead of the festive season, Amazon opens one of its largest fulfillment centres in India
- With a storage capacity of 1.2 million cubic feet, the latest centre is in Malur Taluk, Kolar District, Karnataka.
- The fulfillment centre has been specially designed for large appliances and furniture storage.
Amazon Indiahad announced that its Great Indian Festival sale will take place from October 17 onwards and will start a day earlier for Prime users.
The centre was virtually inaugurated by B.S Yediyurappa, Chief Minister of Karnataka along with Amit Agarwal, Senior Vice President, Amazon India and Akhil Saxena, VP, Customer Fulfilment Operations, APAC, MENA & LATAM, Amazon India.
The latest fulfillment centre comes as Amazon’s continued investments in Karnataka – where it has promised four fulfilment centres with over four million cubic feet of storage space, over 35,000 sellers, 140 Amazon owned delivery stations among other things.
“The expanded fulfilment network will create thousands of work opportunities and further boost ancillary businesses in the State. At Amazon, we continue to invent on behalf of our customers and this festive season our priority is to ensure health and safety of our associates, partners and customers” said Akhil Saxena, VP, Customer Fulfilment Operations, APAC, MENA & LATAM.
Amazon India had announced that its Great Indian Festival sale will take place from October 17 onwards and will start a day earlier for Prime users. Interestingly, October 16 is also when Flipkart’s Big Billion Day sale is set to begin.
In preparation for the sale, Amazon said that it has created over 50,000 seasonal jobs as well across the country.
Amazon fights for its ‘rights’ in the Future Retail-Reliance deal – sends legal notice to the Kishore Biyani Group
Popular on BI
- Nifty, Sensex trade flat after early gains
- Yatra Online stock slips below its issue price on listing
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights