Amazon India has opened up 50,000 ‘seasonal’ jobs for the post-lockdown surge in e-commerce demand
- E-commerce giant Amazon has announced that it has 50,000 job openings for its fulfillment and delivery network.
- A glassdoor average says that delivery executives in India are paid an average of ₹16,000 per month.
- The company said that this will be a variety of roles in their fulfilment centres and delivery network including part-time flexible work opportunities as independent contractors with Amazon Flex.
The company said that this will be a variety of roles in their fulfilment centres and delivery network including part-time flexible work opportunities as independent contractors with Amazon Flex. “The associates will join other thousands of associates across
While Amazon did not disclose the salary, a glassdoor average says that delivery executives in India are paid an average of ₹16,000 per month.
Amazon’s job announcement comes at a time when thousands of people – including delivery executives and partners have lost their jobs across the country due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“One thing we’ve learned from the COVID-19 pandemic is how important a role Amazon and ecommerce can play for our customers as much as for small businesses and the economy. We want to continue helping customers all over India get everything they need so they can continue to practice social distancing. To enable this, we are creating work opportunities for close to 50,000 seasonal associates across our fulfilment and delivery network. This will also keep as many people as possible working during this pandemic while providing a safe work environment for them.” said Akhil Saxena, VP, Customer Fulfilment Operations, APAC, MENA & LATAM, Amazon.
No EMI payments for six months as RBI extends moratorium on loans repayments till August 31
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings