Amazon India readies itself for festive demand - will launch five new sort centres
The five new sort centres will be launched in Vishakhapatnam, Farukhnagar, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
Apart from these new buildings, the expansion of the existing eight sort centres will increase Amazon India's overall sortation area to more than 2.2 million square feet, across 19 states.
AdvertisementSort centres are central to Amazon's logistics network and help sort and deliver goods to Amazon delivery stations across the country.
"By expanding and investing in the Sort Centre network, we are positioned to ensure continued customer and seller delight, ahead of the upcoming festive season," Abhinav Singh, Director, Amazon Transportation Services, Amazon India, said in a statement.
"This expansion will create hundreds of opportunities for individuals and ancillary industries especially during this time when economic growth is a priority for the country."
Sort Slides allow fast manual sortation of packages and Auto Sorters are completely automated machines that perform end-to-end sorting of packages.
This automated and expanded network helps increase the speed of transporting packages for customers and sellers in the country.
AdvertisementIn July this year, Amazon India announced the expansion plans of its warehouse network by adding 10 new fulfilment centres and expansion of five existing buildings.
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- While COVID-19 is making millions gasp for breath in India, state administrations are trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings