Amazon India readies itself for festive demand - will launch five new sort centres
The five new sort centres will be launched in Vishakhapatnam, Farukhnagar, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
Apart from these new buildings, the expansion of the existing eight sort centres will increase Amazon India's overall sortation area to more than 2.2 million square feet, across 19 states.
AdvertisementSort centres are central to Amazon's logistics network and help sort and deliver goods to Amazon delivery stations across the country.
"By expanding and investing in the Sort Centre network, we are positioned to ensure continued customer and seller delight, ahead of the upcoming festive season," Abhinav Singh, Director, Amazon Transportation Services, Amazon India, said in a statement.
"This expansion will create hundreds of opportunities for individuals and ancillary industries especially during this time when economic growth is a priority for the country."
Sort Slides allow fast manual sortation of packages and Auto Sorters are completely automated machines that perform end-to-end sorting of packages.
This automated and expanded network helps increase the speed of transporting packages for customers and sellers in the country.
AdvertisementIn July this year, Amazon India announced the expansion plans of its warehouse network by adding 10 new fulfilment centres and expansion of five existing buildings.
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit