Amazon India readies itself for festive demand - will launch five new sort centres
The five new sort centres will be launched in Vishakhapatnam, Farukhnagar, Bengaluru, Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
Apart from these new buildings, the expansion of the existing eight sort centres will increase Amazon India's overall sortation area to more than 2.2 million square feet, across 19 states.
AdvertisementSort centres are central to Amazon's logistics network and help sort and deliver goods to Amazon delivery stations across the country.
"By expanding and investing in the Sort Centre network, we are positioned to ensure continued customer and seller delight, ahead of the upcoming festive season," Abhinav Singh, Director, Amazon Transportation Services, Amazon India, said in a statement.
"This expansion will create hundreds of opportunities for individuals and ancillary industries especially during this time when economic growth is a priority for the country."
Sort Slides allow fast manual sortation of packages and Auto Sorters are completely automated machines that perform end-to-end sorting of packages.
This automated and expanded network helps increase the speed of transporting packages for customers and sellers in the country.
AdvertisementIn July this year, Amazon India announced the expansion plans of its warehouse network by adding 10 new fulfilment centres and expansion of five existing buildings.
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- India pays USD 29.9 million in UN regular budget assessments for 2022
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions
- Best 65-inch smart LED TV in India
- Budget Session Part I: Different timings for Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha in view of Covid
- Smriti Mandhana named ‘ICC Women’s Cricketer 2021’; Here’s a look at her achievements so far