Amazon, Wipro Consumer and Ascent Capital invest in beauty brand MyGlamm
- The investment, which is
Amazon’s first in an Indian consumer brand, pegs MyGlamm’s valuation at $100 million.
- Founded in 2017 by Darpan Sanghvi and co-founded by Priyanka Gill, MyGlamm competes with the likes of SUGAR, Purplle, Plum among others.
- MyGlamm now records revenues 200% of pre-Covid levels and also claims to have achieved EBITDA profitability.
Founded in 2017 by Darpan Sanghvi and co-founded by Priyanka Gill, MyGlamm competes with the likes of SUGAR, Purplle, Plum among others.
MyGlamm has over 600 products across makeup, skincare and personal care, with a content-to-community-to-commerce platform approach.
Advertisement“We are really excited about all that we will be able to learn from both, Amazon and Wipro Consumer along with the financial rigour that Ascent Capital brings, as we move forward to fulfil our vision of building India’s largest beauty company leveraging DTC, digital, and data,” said Sanghvi in a statement.
MyGlamm had earlier acquired six-year-old
Along with a digital presence, MyGlamm also focuses on offline retail with over 10,000 points of sales across 70 cities in India.
The company, which claims to have grown by 400% in 2019, had to halt its Series C round, initially intended to be closed by April 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, the company said that from zero revenue during the months of strict lockdown, MyGlamm now records revenues 200% of pre-Covid levels and also claims to have achieved EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization) profitability in December 2020.
Indian spacetech startup Pixxel gets $7.3 million in funding as it announces a new product even before the launch of its first satellite
Airtel adds 3 times more subscribers than Jio while Vodafone Idea gets net addition first time in 15 months
Ahead of Delhi High Court's decision, Future Group appeals to the Singapore arbitrator to exclude Future Retail from the fight with Amazon
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate