Americans can’t resist the Alibaba Singles’ Day Sales – US tops in GMV for sales from the Chinese e-commerce giant so far
- The 11.11 sale event is currently on and
Alibabaas always is looking to break new records with the sales from the event.
- Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s Singles’ Day sale which began in 2009, has been an event to watch out for globally.
- Being the first big sale in China post the coronavirus pandemic, in its opening hour Alibaba raked in $56 billion in sales.
Interestingly, according to Alibaba’s live news coverage of the event, the top 10 countries buying from China in terms of Gross Merchandising Volumes are:
1 United States
Alibaba shatters records again
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s Singles’ Day sale which began in 2009, has been an event to watch out for globally. Over the years, it has gained prominence and has also become more popular than the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales in the US.
AdvertisementBeing the first big sale in China post the coronavirus pandemic, the sale in its opening hour had raked in $56 billion in sales. At its peak, the number of orders crossed 583,000 orders per second.
According to Alibaba, over 13 brands each surpassed RMB1 billion in gross merchandise volume during the sale while brands like Apple, L’Oréal, Haier, Estée Lauder, Nike, Huawei, Midea, Lancôme, Xiaomi and Adidas crossed RMB100 million in GMV.
Zomato and Swiggy have never been this close to making profit, say Goldman Sachs analysts
Info Edge earnings are proof that not all Internet businesses are immune to the COVID crash
Popular on BI
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity