Flipkart app got 10 million downloads in the month before Big Billion Day Sale
- The e-commerce giant’s annual sale which began on September 29 is currently going on.
Big Billion Day salesaw two times increase in sales for its opening day as compared to last year.
- Flipkart’s app got close to 10 million new app downloads in less than a month in the run-up to the sale.
This year, Flipkart’s opening day sales were more than two times that it was last year.
“We started this festive season by setting audacious targets for ourselves and our teams. By all indications this is going to be the biggest festive season that India has witnessed. There is no doubt that e-commerce has not only lifted consumer sentiment but has also driven the industry to set new benchmarks,” said
Big Billion Day sale which began as a one-day event is now running in its 6th edition as a six-day event.
“Affordability and value driven themes clearly are the pulsating chords for India and Bharat. We are in the centre of it all and are able to serve the ecosystem for their unique needs,” said Krishnamurthy.
- Minister of State for Railways Suresh Angadi dies of coronavirus
- Best keyboards in India
- Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky on the company's IPO— 'When the market's ready for Airbnb, it will go public'
- Best colour printers for home in India
- Roshni Nadar, Divya Gokulnath, Ameera Shah and Vinati Saraf — India’s most powerful businesswomen of 2020, according to Forbes