Flipkart app got 10 million downloads in the month before Big Billion Day Sale
- The e-commerce giant’s annual sale which began on September 29 is currently going on.
Big Billion Day salesaw two times increase in sales for its opening day as compared to last year. Flipkart’s app got close to 10 million new app downloads in less than a month in the run-up to the sale.
AdvertisementFlipkart’s flagship sale event – the Big Billion Day – began on September 29, bringing relief to early waiting consumers.
According to Flipkart, its app got close to 10 million new app downloads in less than a month in the run-up to the sale.
This year, Flipkart’s opening day sales were more than two times that it was last year.
“We started this festive season by setting audacious targets for ourselves and our teams. By all indications this is going to be the biggest festive season that India has witnessed. There is no doubt that e-commerce has not only lifted consumer sentiment but has also driven the industry to set new benchmarks,” said
Big Billion Day sale which began as a one-day event is now running in its 6th edition as a six-day event.
“Affordability and value driven themes clearly are the pulsating chords for India and Bharat. We are in the centre of it all and are able to serve the ecosystem for their unique needs,” said Krishnamurthy.
Popular on BI
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI