Meesho expects 4X jump in small business participation this festive season
- Social commerce platform Meesho has announced the dates of its flagship Mega Blockbuster Sale. It will be held from September 23-27, 2022.
- With the festive sale, Meesho expects to add more small-medium businesses onto its platform.
AdvertisementSocial commerce platform Meesho on Monday announced the dates for its flagship Mega Blockbuster Sale – it will be held for five days from September 23 to September 27, 2022.
As it gears up for its festive sale, Meesho is expecting to see a four-fold jump in small businesses participation in the festive sale compared to last year. Currently, Meesho has added over 7 lakh sellers and about 6.5 crore active product listings across 30 categories.
“We are working with lakhs of sellers across the country, many of whom will be selling online for the first time this festive season. We are focused on building a platform that enables high growth and margins for MSMEs, giving them the confidence to digitize their business and succeed on Meesho,” said Utkrishta Kumar, CXO, Business at Meesho.
On an average, these sellers have seen their business grow by 82% within two years of their being added on Meesho.
The platform is also training its sellers ahead of the festive season to manage demand forecasting and order volume management.
“We will continue to fuel the discoverability of small businesses, making quality products at the lowest prices accessible to customers from the deepest regions of the country,” said Kumar.
Last year, Meesho’s 5-day annual sale saw about 60% of orders coming from tier 4+ regions.
The home-grown e-commerce platform has also added more regional languages to attract users and sellers from beyond metro cities. It now has Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia on its platform.
In a short span of time, Meesho has gathered 120 million monthly active users (MAUs) and is now targeting the next billion Indians.
To further spread the word about its flagship sale, Meesho has partnered with celebrities such as Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Rohit Sharma, Rashmika Mandanna, Kapil Sharma, Trisha Krishnan, Karthi Sivakumar, Ram Charan and Sourav Ganguly.
Popular on BI
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS