Now, you can book train tickets through Amazon in India
- The e-commerce giant has announced a partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation to allow users to book reserved
train ticketson Amazon.
- The latest move is an addition to the range of services
Amazon Payalready caters to.
- Amazon now competes with the likes of MakeMyTrip, EaseMyTrip, Paytm, RailYatri, and others which facilitate train ticket bookings on their platform.
“For the introductory period, Amazon.in has also waived off service and payment gateway transaction charges,” said the company.
Along with booking tickets, users will now be able to check the live PNR status (for tickets booked on Amazon only), access downloads, and cancellations of tickets on Amazon.
AdvertisementAmazon now competes with MakeMyTrip, EaseMyTrip, Paytm, RailYatri, and others which facilitate train ticket bookings on their platform.
The latest move is an addition to the range of services Amazon Pay has already been catering to. The digital wallet from Amazon has been helping users pay bills and even recently added credit card bill payments to its offerings.
“We are excited to partner with IRCTC and move another step forward in making life easy and convenient for our customers. Last year, we launched flights, and bus ticket booking on Amazon. With the facility to book reserved train tickets on our platform, we are enabling travel across any mode preferred by customers. Over the course of time, the Amazon app has become the one stop destination for shopping and payment of several other use cases. Customers love the convenience we offer of shopping and paying - all in one single app,” said Vikas Bansal, Director at Amazon Pay.
How to book train tickets through Amazon
– Customers will have to click on trains/ travel category under Amazon Pay
– They will then be able to view train timings and bookings available.
– They can then go on to book and pay for it through a pre-loaded Amazon Pay wallet or use any debit or credit card, and other digital payment methods.
Reliance share price soars as Mukesh Ambani continues with his fundraising blitzkrieg for retail venture
India’s COVID-19 infections seem to have peaked — but it is not the time to lower the guard
- NASSCOM says Budget 2021 should ensure ESOPs are taxed only when shares are sold
- Asian Paints profit jumps 62% led by a powerful performance in the decorative paint segment
- How to apply for Home First Finance Company IPO
- Cryptocurrency startup BuyUcoin hacked, data of over 3 lakh users leaked
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go with 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor launched starting at ₹63,499