Paytm Mall set to hire 300 people as it cuts down quarterly losses – shifts operations to Bengaluru
Paytm Mallis looking to ramp up operations and hire 300 people for product and technology roles.
- The company also said that it has significantly brought down the cashburn in the last few months.
- However, that could also be the result of the coronavirus lockdown during which all e-commerce services had come to a stop.
It has also appointed Abhishek Rajan, the head of its travel business as the new COO of Paytm Mall.
“We want to bring commerce to even more customers and serve the SMEs across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a great team, and a massive network of customers to make our O2O model penetrate further in India. I am confident Abhishek will take Paytm Mall to new heights,” said
The company also said that it has significantly brought down the cashburn in the last few months. However, that could also be the result of the coronavirus lockdown during which all e-commerce services had come to a stop.
“We would like to think of Paytm’s e-commerce business as a Series A startup with $200 Mn cash in the bank, where key technology and operations components required for running a commerce business have already been built. In the last 3 quarters, the team has done an incredible job of bringing down the cash burn to $2 Mn/quarter,” said Abhishek Rajan, COO, Paytm Mall in a statement.
Paytm Mall is also reportedly looking to pick up a majority stake in grocery delivery startup Grofers. Both are backed by SoftBank.
BharatPe laid off several employees after announcing salary hikes in April
Infosys reportedly plans to reduce the number of managers— the CEO and COO got over 25% salary raise in FY20
HUL CEO says the product inventory range will be smaller and simpler hereon— analysts believe others may have the same plan
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised