Snapdeal follows Amazon and Flipkart in boosting logistics – sets up eight new hubs in preparation for Diwali sales
- Snapdeal’s latest announcement is in addition to the 15 new centres it had announced in early 2020.
- The e-commerce platform expects a surge in sales volumes during the festive season, with
Diwaliaround the corner.
- Amazon and Flipkart also have boosted their warehouses' strength to reach smaller cities faster.
Snapdeal’s expansion move comes at a time when Indian e-commerce is recovering from the lockdown slowdown and expects a hike in sale volumes during the festive season, with Diwali around the corner.
“The additional logistics capacity comes ahead of the festive season sale when the volume of orders is higher. The new centres make the fulfillment process simpler for the manufacturer-sellers so that they can devote all their resources towards production,” said a Snapdeal spokesperson.
AdvertisementThe new centres are located in Bahadurgarh, Rajkot, Bhiwandi, Agra, Yamuna Nagar, Noida, Mathura and Mumbai. “The expansion is part of a decentralized network designed by Snapdeal, where its centres are located within commercial hubs inside a city to ensure faster pickup of packets from the sellers,” said the company.
India’s e-commerce is strengthening its smaller city reach
Not just Snapdeal, Amazon, and Flipkart also have been boosting their warehouses' strength to reach smaller cities faster. Recently in July, Amazon had announced ten new fulfillment centres – taking the total to 60 and increasing its storage capacity by 20% to a total of more than 32 million cubic feet.
Flipkart, which already has 1,400 supply chain premises where over 10,000 employees work, is also preparing to build massive logistics hubs starting with one in Kalyani, West Bengal.
Unacademy follows peer startups like Dream11 and Paytm to pour money into IPL
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit