Snapdeal follows Amazon and Flipkart in boosting logistics – sets up eight new hubs in preparation for Diwali sales
Snapdeal’s latest announcement is in addition to the 15 new centres it had announced in early 2020.
- The e-commerce platform expects a surge in sales volumes during the festive season, with
Diwaliaround the corner.
- Amazon and Flipkart also have boosted their warehouses' strength to reach smaller cities faster.
AdvertisementIndian e-commerce player Snapdeal has launched eight new logistics centres in India. This is in addition to the 15 new centres it had announced in February 2020.
Snapdeal’s expansion move comes at a time when Indian e-commerce is recovering from the lockdown slowdown and expects a hike in sale volumes during the festive season, with Diwali around the corner.
“The additional logistics capacity comes ahead of the festive season sale when the volume of orders is higher. The new centres make the fulfillment process simpler for the manufacturer-sellers so that they can devote all their resources towards production,” said a Snapdeal spokesperson.
The new centres are located in Bahadurgarh, Rajkot, Bhiwandi, Agra, Yamuna Nagar, Noida, Mathura and Mumbai. “The expansion is part of a decentralized network designed by Snapdeal, where its centres are located within commercial hubs inside a city to ensure faster pickup of packets from the sellers,” said the company.
India’s e-commerce is strengthening its smaller city reach
Not just Snapdeal, Amazon, and Flipkart also have been boosting their warehouses' strength to reach smaller cities faster. Recently in July, Amazon had announced ten new fulfillment centres – taking the total to 60 and increasing its storage capacity by 20% to a total of more than 32 million cubic feet.
Flipkart, which already has 1,400 supply chain premises where over 10,000 employees work, is also preparing to build massive logistics hubs starting with one in Kalyani, West Bengal.
Unacademy follows peer startups like Dream11 and Paytm to pour money into IPL
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar