Snapdeal follows Amazon and Flipkart in boosting logistics – sets up eight new hubs in preparation for Diwali sales
- Snapdeal’s latest announcement is in addition to the 15 new centres it had announced in early 2020.
- The e-commerce platform expects a surge in sales volumes during the festive season, with
Diwaliaround the corner.
- Amazon and Flipkart also have boosted their warehouses' strength to reach smaller cities faster.
Snapdeal’s expansion move comes at a time when Indian e-commerce is recovering from the lockdown slowdown and expects a hike in sale volumes during the festive season, with Diwali around the corner.
“The additional logistics capacity comes ahead of the festive season sale when the volume of orders is higher. The new centres make the fulfillment process simpler for the manufacturer-sellers so that they can devote all their resources towards production,” said a Snapdeal spokesperson.
AdvertisementThe new centres are located in Bahadurgarh, Rajkot, Bhiwandi, Agra, Yamuna Nagar, Noida, Mathura and Mumbai. “The expansion is part of a decentralized network designed by Snapdeal, where its centres are located within commercial hubs inside a city to ensure faster pickup of packets from the sellers,” said the company.
India’s e-commerce is strengthening its smaller city reach
Not just Snapdeal, Amazon, and Flipkart also have been boosting their warehouses' strength to reach smaller cities faster. Recently in July, Amazon had announced ten new fulfillment centres – taking the total to 60 and increasing its storage capacity by 20% to a total of more than 32 million cubic feet.
Flipkart, which already has 1,400 supply chain premises where over 10,000 employees work, is also preparing to build massive logistics hubs starting with one in Kalyani, West Bengal.
Unacademy follows peer startups like Dream11 and Paytm to pour money into IPL
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- Budget Session Part I: Rajya Sabha to sit in morning, Lok Sabha in evening due to Covid restrictions
- Best 65-inch smart LED TV in India
- Budget Session Part I: Different timings for Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha in view of Covid
- Smriti Mandhana named ‘ICC Women’s Cricketer 2021’; Here’s a look at her achievements so far
- Scammers are exploiting Google, Amazon and Apple’s services to steal crypto