Tata's BigBasket is finally joining Swiggy, Blinkit in 10-minute grocery delivery
BigBasketwould also be focusing on one hour delivery through bbexpress within a 6 kilometre radius.
- The company will rely on its own dark stores for these operations and not rely on third- party stores.
- BigBasket plans to launch 700 offline stores across India by the end of 2021.
AdvertisementOnline grocery delivery startup BigBasket — which was acquired by
Besides this, BigBasket would also be focusing on one hour delivery through bbexpresss within a 6 kilometre radius of the store. The bbexpress would offer over 8,000 products.
The company will rely on its own dark stores for these operations. Dark stores are micro-fulfillment centres dedicated to rapid online order fulfillment. There is no cap on the number of products that one can order through these platforms, but typical order sizes average between 3-5 products and around ₹400 for the
BigBasket will be a part of Tata Digital’s super app TataNeu.
The Tata Enterprise company also emphasised that they have built a “massive” delivery network across India and it is constantly in expansion state. BigBasket launched a chain of offline stores in 2021 and 90 of them are already operational. The company now plans to launch 700 more such stores by the end of 2022.
BigBasket was launched in 2010 as an online grocery supermarket. The company today covers an entire spectrum of grocery retail through quick-commerce, physical stores, alongside online grocery sales through the main BigBasket platform.
“Apart from consumers who plan and buy their monthly groceries from bigbasket, there is a huge user base comprising those who make unplanned purchases, top-ups and impulse purchases. For impulse and emergency purchases, the bbnow service with its 10-20-minute delivery window is a great option…,” Hari Menon, cofounder and chief executive officer of BigBasket, said in a statement.
BigBasket is the last big grocery delivery player to enter the quick commerce space. Its rival Blinkit (previously known as Grofers) and Swiggy Instamart have already entered the
Dream11’s parent marks its foray into Web3 by investing in cricket NFTs startup Rario
Tata Steel, Tata Elxsi, HCL Tech, Nestle India and other hot stocks on April 21
Indian livelihoods turn less green! Sharp decline in hiring green workforce over the last five years compared to the global average
Popular on BI
- 'Die-hard' Nintendo fan spent over $40,000 buying stock and then asked top executives why the company won't make more of a fan-favorite series
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
- SIMPLY PUT: extreme weather is the new normal in India
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report