Gautam Adani's wealth multiplied nearly 3 times in the last four years
- This 18-year-old middle class boy became a trader and now sits on top of a business empire that, amongst others, owns and operates India’s largest private port at Mundra.
- In 25 years,
Gautam Adanibuilt one of India's largest infrastructure companies worth ₹4700 crore.
- According to Hurun Rich List,
Adaniis the fifth richest person in India with a networth of ₹94,500 crore.
This middle class boy became a trader and now sits on top of a business empire that, amongst others, owns and operates India’s largest private port at Mundra.
Not only is he keeping his wide business interests afloat, he is also reportedly looking to buy debt-laden Dighi Port with 78% haircut, for ₹650 crore.
Adani who has not studied risk management, yet does not shy away from making gnarly moves. Even after knowing that he might lose it all, Adani had bet a massive $10 billion on an Australian coal mine — his highest best so far.
Here’s a look at Adani and his business’ growth over the last four years:
Adani’s wealth multiplied 2.48 times in the last 2 years
He derives his wealth from 62% stake in Adani Ports & Special Economic Zone
Adani Group won 25 out of 126 contract bids awarded by the Indian Government
Adani shares a symbiotic relationship with Modi
Popular on BI
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story