Adani Ports completes ₹12,000 crore acquisition of Krishnapatnam Port Company
It will result in APSEZ having a controlling stake of 75 per cent in KPCL from the CVR Group and other investors.
This acquisition will accelerate APSEZ's stride towards 500 MMT by 2025 and is another step in implementing APSEZ's stated strategy of cargo parity between west and east coasts of India, Adani Ports said in a regulatory filing.
He added that the company's experience of turning around acquisitions like Dhamra and Kattupalli ports will enable it in harnessing the potential of KPCL.
"With a vast waterfront and land availability of over 6,700 acres, KPCL is capable of replicating Mundra and would be future ready to handle 500 MMT. We will replicate our operations and maintenance philosophy at KPCL, continue to focus on environment, reduce emission levels and have zero tolerance for fatalities and thus improve returns to stakeholders," Adani said.
Popular on BI
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Traders' body seeks printing of Indian Nutrition rating on food packets