Airtel Payments Bank rolls out Aadhaar enabled payment system
The system will enable customers, having Aadhaar-linked accounts of any bank, to do transactions at thedesignated points of the Airtel Payments Bank, the companysaid in a statement.
It allows customers to carry out transactions by usingtheir Aadhaar number or virtual ID to access their bankaccounts.
The AePS is a bank-led model which allows onlineinteroperable financial transactions at a point of sale (PoS)through business correspondent of any bank using the Aadhaarauthentication. The AePS allows six types of transactions,including deposit and withdrawal."The AePS platform offers ease of secured bankingto everyone by using only their Aadhaar. The AePS roll-out isone more step by Airtel Payments Bank to contribute towardsthe government's vision of financial inclusion," AirtelPayments Bank COO Ganesh Ananthanarayanan said. BSMSOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the red tracking global cues: Adani Ports, Coal India, Mazagon Dock among stocks to watch
- Nifty headed for lifetime high in June, analysts recommend capitalising on dips
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit