Airtel Payments Bank rolls out Aadhaar enabled payment system
The system will enable customers, having Aadhaar-linked accounts of any bank, to do transactions at thedesignated points of the Airtel Payments Bank, the companysaid in a statement.
It allows customers to carry out transactions by usingtheir Aadhaar number or virtual ID to access their bankaccounts.
The AePS is a bank-led model which allows onlineinteroperable financial transactions at a point of sale (PoS)through business correspondent of any bank using the Aadhaarauthentication. The AePS allows six types of transactions,including deposit and withdrawal."The AePS platform offers ease of secured bankingto everyone by using only their Aadhaar. The AePS roll-out isone more step by Airtel Payments Bank to contribute towardsthe government's vision of financial inclusion," AirtelPayments Bank COO Ganesh Ananthanarayanan said. BSMSOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade
- No 'Mann ki Baat' broadcast for 3 months in view of polls: PM Modi
- Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue