Airtel, VIL lose subscribers; Jio adds 1.57 mn customers in April
New Delhi, Jul 24 () Mobile operators Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea lost 5.26 million and 4.51 million subscribers respectively in April, while Reliance Jio added 1.57 million users during the same period, according to latest Trai data.
The subscriber base of Reliance Jio swelled to 389 million in April.
Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea Ltd (VIL) continued to see subscriber churn in April, when the nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus pandemic was in force. During that month, Bharti Airtel lost 5.2 million subscribers while VIL lost 4.5 million users.The wireless customer base of Bharti Airtel reduced to 322.5 million, and that of Vodafone Idea to 314.6 million in April. During the same period, Reliance Jio gained 1.57 million users. "Total wireless subscribers (2G, 3G & 4G) decreased from 1,157.75 million at the end of March 20 to 1,149.52 million at the end of April 20, thereby registering a monthly decline rate of 0.71 per cent," Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) said in a statement. MBI RAM BAL BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May