AjnaLens raises $1.5 mn from Maharashtra Defence and Aerospace Venture Fund, others
Other HNI investors such as Nailesh Khimji, Chirayu Khimji, Jay Jesrani and Mohsin Group also participated in the pre-series A round, a statement said.
Founded in November 2014 by Pankaj Raut, Abhishek Tomar and Abhijit Patil, AjnaLens develops mixed reality glasses for defence, education and enterprise customers.The startup will primarily use the funds to enhance its defence offering, manufacturing headsets, improving technology and product capabilities, the statement said.
"The tech industry is evolving at a rapid pace and the government as well as the educational institutes are also embracing this change...we were encouraged and provided complete support to design and manufacture all our products in India," AjnaLens co-founder and CEO Pankaj Raut said.Previously, Dimension NXG has raised funding from Vijay Shekhar Sharma (Paytm founder), Japan Vyas (Roots Ventures founder) and Chetan Kajaria (Joint Managing Director at Kajaria Ceramics) among others. SR MRMR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- MPs should put pressure on Centre to include Kerala's demands in central budget:CM
- Final stage of Budget 2021-22 commences with Halwa ceremony
- Farmers' Protest: Local eateries facing tough time due to free langars at Singhu Border
- Venture Capital funding in India hits $3.1 billion in Q4 of 2020, says KPMG report
- A scary proposal to use facial recognition and AI by an Indian state has experts fuming