AjnaLens raises $1.5 mn from Maharashtra Defence and Aerospace Venture Fund, others
Other HNI investors such as Nailesh Khimji, Chirayu Khimji, Jay Jesrani and Mohsin Group also participated in the pre-series A round, a statement said.
Founded in November 2014 by Pankaj Raut, Abhishek Tomar and Abhijit Patil, AjnaLens develops mixed reality glasses for defence, education and enterprise customers.The startup will primarily use the funds to enhance its defence offering, manufacturing headsets, improving technology and product capabilities, the statement said. Advertisement
It also intends to invest the funding for talent acquisition and market expansion.
"The tech industry is evolving at a rapid pace and the government as well as the educational institutes are also embracing this change...we were encouraged and provided complete support to design and manufacture all our products in India," AjnaLens co-founder and CEO Pankaj Raut said.Previously, Dimension NXG has raised funding from Vijay Shekhar Sharma (Paytm founder), Japan Vyas (Roots Ventures founder) and Chetan Kajaria (Joint Managing Director at Kajaria Ceramics) among others. SR MRMR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Health Ministry launches portal for info on vaccine, clinical trials
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services