Brookfield-backed Tower Infrastructure Trust to acquire Space Teleinfra for ₹900 crore
Space Teleinfrais a shared telecom infrastructureprovider for voice and data connectivity.
- The transaction is funded through a combination of cash and units of
Tower Infrastructure Investment Trusts(InvITs).
- The acquisition is customary to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the second half of 2021.
The transaction is funded through a combination of cash and units of Tower Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) that will be issued to selling shareholders. InvITs is like a mutual fund, which enables direct investment of small amounts of money from which enables direct investment of money from individual and institutional investors in infrastructure.
The acquisition is customary to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Ambit Private Limited acted as the exclusive financial advisor to the Shareholders.
“With the onset of 5G and data consumption trends, seamless indoor connectivity becomes as essential as outdoor connectivity and this transaction will open new horizons for STIPL to lead this opportunity further. Through our ownership of units of
Space Teleinfra is a shared telecom infrastructure provider for voice and data connectivity. The company commenced its operation in 2016 focused on providing telecom infrastructure to the mobile network. The company claims to have a well-spread customer base across all the three significant mobile network operators (MNOs) with a pan-India presence.
Tower Infrastructure Trust further expands the suite of passive telecommunication infrastructure services for its customers with this acquisition. The company aims to target macro towers to indoor solutions, which will support the acceleration of India's digital transformation.
Swiggy gets a $1.25 billion cheque from Softbank for the same reason Zomato went for an IPO
GlobalBees, a Thrasio-style startup launched by FirstCry and Edelweiss execs, raises $150 million in few months of launch
This toolkit will tell you if your phone is infected by the Pegasus spyware
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know