BYJU's set to release FY21 financial report, sales may see significant drop
- India's edtech major
BYJU's to release financial report after 18 months of delay.
- Last valued at $22 billion, the edtech company faced larger scrutiny from the government over its audit reports.
- BYJU's made 10 acquisitions last year for a cumulative transaction value of about $2.5 billion.
- The company is likely to raise over $500 million
AdvertisementAfter nearly 18 months delay of "ironing out the complexities", edtech major BYJU's is all set to reveal its financial report for FY21 on Wednesday, according to reliable sources.
Facing intense scrutiny from the government over the long delay, the company had received an 'unqualified' report from auditor
According to sources, there is going to be a substantial difference between the projected sales and the audited revenue in BYJU's FY21 financial results.
Last valued at $22 billion, the edtech company faced larger scrutiny from the government as it failed to submit its audited financial report.
According to its FY20 financial report, the company registered revenue of ₹2,434 crore and a net profit of ₹ 51 crore.
However, this time will be different as BYJU's made 10 acquisitions last year for a cumulative transaction value of about $2.5 billion, and some of those are not performing up to the mark in the hybrid world.
According to people close to the matter, an 'unqualified' report from Deloitte came as a major sigh of relief for the company that has been under pressure to file its FY21 audited report amid delay and scrutiny.
The last few months of delay were "unfortunate" and a clean Deloitte audit report instilled "a lot of confidence in the board members of BYJU's".
The long delay alarmed the
So far, BYJU's has raised over $6 billion in funding, and aims to file an IPO in the US through the Special Purpose Acquisition Company (
AdvertisementThe company is likely to raise over $500 million (nearly Rs 3,900 crore) at a valuation of around $23 billion soon.
SEE ALSO: Apple makes iPhone 14 series more climate-friendly with recycled elements
Spurt in social gatherings post-Covid is boosting alcohol sales in India
A fire at an EV showroom has killed 8, several injured while trying to escape
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May
- Google to shut 3rd-party Notes, Lists integration on Assistant app
- TVS Motor hikes prices of EV scooter by ₹17,000 - ₹22,000
- Sebi to auction 17 properties of 7 business groups on Jun 28 to recover investors' money
- SUVs drive Mahindra & Mahindra’s 14% auto sales growth in May to 61,415 vehicles