BYJU's set to release FY21 financial report, sales may see significant drop
- India's edtech major
BYJU's to release financial report after 18 months of delay.
- Last valued at $22 billion, the edtech company faced larger scrutiny from the government over its audit reports.
- BYJU's made 10 acquisitions last year for a cumulative transaction value of about $2.5 billion.
- The company is likely to raise over $500 million
AdvertisementAfter nearly 18 months delay of "ironing out the complexities", edtech major BYJU's is all set to reveal its financial report for FY21 on Wednesday, according to reliable sources.
Facing intense scrutiny from the government over the long delay, the company had received an 'unqualified' report from auditor
According to sources, there is going to be a substantial difference between the projected sales and the audited revenue in BYJU's FY21 financial results.
Last valued at $22 billion, the edtech company faced larger scrutiny from the government as it failed to submit its audited financial report.
According to its FY20 financial report, the company registered revenue of ₹2,434 crore and a net profit of ₹ 51 crore.
However, this time will be different as BYJU's made 10 acquisitions last year for a cumulative transaction value of about $2.5 billion, and some of those are not performing up to the mark in the hybrid world.
According to people close to the matter, an 'unqualified' report from Deloitte came as a major sigh of relief for the company that has been under pressure to file its FY21 audited report amid delay and scrutiny.
The last few months of delay were "unfortunate" and a clean Deloitte audit report instilled "a lot of confidence in the board members of BYJU's".
The long delay alarmed the
So far, BYJU's has raised over $6 billion in funding, and aims to file an IPO in the US through the Special Purpose Acquisition Company (
AdvertisementThe company is likely to raise over $500 million (nearly Rs 3,900 crore) at a valuation of around $23 billion soon.
SEE ALSO: Apple makes iPhone 14 series more climate-friendly with recycled elements
Spurt in social gatherings post-Covid is boosting alcohol sales in India
A fire at an EV showroom has killed 8, several injured while trying to escape
Popular on BI
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu