Carlyle, Brighton Park invest $200 million in Indian healthtech company Indegene
Indegeneis a 23-year-old healthtech solutions provider with interests across pharmaceuticals, biotechnology solutions, and medical devices.
- Both the firms will pick up minority stakes in Indegene, through a primary as well as secondary transaction.
- According to reports, Indegene’s valuation has jumped to $700 million.
According to reports, Indegene’s valuation has jumped to $700 million after the deal.
Indegene is a 23-year old is a healthtech solutions provider with interests across pharmaceuticals, biotechnology solutions, and medical devices. The company has over 3,000 employees in offices across India, North America, Europe, China and Japan.
AdvertisementWith the latest investment, the company now aims to expand its global presence and M&A activities.
“Carlyle’s commitment to the
The company also claims that its revenues grew at around 25% every year for the last ten years.
Meanwhile, Carlyle has been ramping up its India presence especially in the health sector. The firm invested in Piramal Pharma; a pure-play animal healthcare company SeQuent; Delhi Medanta Medicity Hospital, and diagnostic center and laboratory operator Metropolis Healthcare. It has also invested in startup unicorns like Delhivery.
One of Carlyle’s senior advisors is Aditya Puri, the former HDFC Bank CEO, who has recently joined the PE firm.
Popular on BI
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Qatar Airways says it is not accepting passengers on its flights from 2 African nations immediately due to the new Omicron variant
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200