Carlyle, Brighton Park invest $200 million in Indian healthtech company Indegene
Indegeneis a 23-year-old healthtech solutions provider with interests across pharmaceuticals, biotechnology solutions, and medical devices.
- Both the firms will pick up minority stakes in Indegene, through a primary as well as secondary transaction.
- According to reports, Indegene’s valuation has jumped to $700 million.
AdvertisementAmerican private equity giant The
According to reports, Indegene’s valuation has jumped to $700 million after the deal.
Indegene is a 23-year old is a healthtech solutions provider with interests across pharmaceuticals, biotechnology solutions, and medical devices. The company has over 3,000 employees in offices across India, North America, Europe, China and Japan.
With the latest investment, the company now aims to expand its global presence and M&A activities.
“Carlyle’s commitment to the
The company also claims that its revenues grew at around 25% every year for the last ten years.
Meanwhile, Carlyle has been ramping up its India presence especially in the health sector. The firm invested in Piramal Pharma; a pure-play animal healthcare company SeQuent; Delhi Medanta Medicity Hospital, and diagnostic center and laboratory operator Metropolis Healthcare. It has also invested in startup unicorns like Delhivery.
One of Carlyle’s senior advisors is Aditya Puri, the former HDFC Bank CEO, who has recently joined the PE firm.
Popular on BI
- Oct 1 deadline for compulsory e-invoice generation nears for firms with ₹10 crore turnover
- Prospective homebuyers expect property prices to increase
- ICICIdirect launches online platform Flash Trade for F&O traders
- Apple announces offers on iPhone 14 series, AirPods Pro
- Great resignation impact being felt in India as attrition rate remains elevated at 20% in 2022