COVID-19: CARS24 offers employees ESOPs in lieu of voluntary pay cut
The company, whose founders have decided to forego their salaries for the next six months amid the COVID-19 crisis, said the employees will get ESOPs worth two times the amount they invest.
These 2X ESOPs will be allotted right away, CARS24 said in a statement.
"...all the four co-founders of the company will forgo 100 per cent salary due to the ongoing COVID 19 crisis for the next six months. The underlying idea behind the decision was to keep the financial wheel running and ensure that the salaries of their employees are released on time," it added.
A CARS24's spokesperson said the company will keep evaluating the situation continuously and take all the essential measures while keeping the interest of employees in mind.
"We are optimistic and believe that we will emerge stronger once the situation is better," the spokesperson added.
The nationwide lockdown, which has now been extended to May 3, has disrupted businesses, especially startups. Many startups are facing financial stress given the paucity of business, and some of them are resorting to measures like salary cuts and even layoffs to weather the ongoing turbulence.Recently, self-drive mobility platform Zoomcar had said it has decided to defer salaries of senior leaders and CEO Greg Moran as part of its efforts to tide over the "difficult time" on account of the coronavirus crisis. SR BALBAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore