COVID-19: Indo-French industry chamber releases white paper on challenges during lockdown
Among challenges, it said there is a difficulty in manufacturing and supply of raw materials for essential goods.
Giving its recommendations, the Chamber said there should be clear guidelines for support of goods, safe transport of workers from their homes to manufacturing units, implementation of longer tax carry-forward periods, deferment of GST collections, avoiding any increase in customs duties, and wage support."The nationwide lockdown in India has led to several challenges for the industry. The Chamber reached out to its member companies to understand the issues they are dealing with and these have been listed out in this document," said IFCCI President Sumeet Anand. RSN HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- K'taka to adopt decentralised models for vaccine delivery
- Thackeray seeks 'national vaccine distribution policy'
- Respite for slum dwellers along Delhi railway tracks as Centre tells SC that no coercive steps will be taken against them
- Farmers threaten to block highways after Haryana issues order to seal borders with Punjab for two days
- Telangana ready to administer Covid vaccine: KCR to PM