COVID-19: Kant-led empowered group discusses way forward with industry leaders, UN officials
Kant, who heads the empowered group on coordinating with private sector NGOs and international organisations, also interacted with United Nations India resident coordinator Renata Desallien, and country heads of UNICEF, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and discussed the way forward in preparing for a social-economic new normal.
As the economy is opened up further with lockdown relaxations, contact tracing and testing intensity in containment zones will hold the key, the Niti Aayog CEO said during the Empowered Group 6 interaction with WHO and UN officials.
"Industry captains from the aviation sector presented their business resumption plans, contemporary challenges & discussed the requisite #COVID management protocols for safe passenger movement in the future, to the Empowered Group 6, led by CEO @amitabhk87 & Secretary @MoCA_GoI," the Aayog said in a tweet.Like other countries, India resorted to a country-wide lockdown on March 25, with stringent measures to limit movement of people to curb coronavirus spread in the country. With three phases of lockdown over, the government on Sunday extended the curbs, though with some more relaxations, for two more weeks till May 31. BKS MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma steps down as Paytm Payments Bank Chairman
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route