Deepinder Goyal’s stake in Zomato is now worth more than $700 million
Deepinder Goyalowns about 5.5% stake in the company.
- His net worth was estimated to be around $295 million in 2020.
- Goyal also has been granted ESOPs worth over $600 million.
Goyal, who founded Zomato along with Pankaj Chaddah in 2018, owns about 5.5% stake in the company. The value of his stake has almost nearly doubled from ₹2,211 crore ($297 million) market value in February 2021, when Zomato was valued at $5.4 billion by external investors.
According to a Hurun ‘India 40 & under self-made rich list, 2020’ report, Goyal’s net worth in 2020 was around ₹2,200 crore ($295 million, at current conversion rate) in 2020. The report noted that Goyal’s wealth had increased 16% compared to 2019. However, it has not mentioned any other specifications like the increase in net worth over the years.
AdvertisementGoyal received an annual remuneration of ₹1.9 crore (excluding employee stock ownership plan or ESOPs) in the financial year 2021. He has been appointed as the managing director and CEO of Zomato for the next five years until March 2026, with a basic salary remuneration of
Goyal has also been granted 36.85 crore shares under the ESOP plan.
Zomato made a strong debut on the stock exchanges on Friday, July 23. The company’s shares opened at ₹116 on the
It also breached the market cap of ₹1 lakh crore at 10.16 a.m, only 16 minutes after listing.
The market value of shares held by Info Edge, which is the largest stakeholder in the company, has increased to ₹15,000 crore (roughly $2 billion).Meanwhile, Uber’s share has crossed ₹9,000 crore ($1.2 billion) without investing a single penny in the food aggregator business.
Uber made a billion dollar from Zomato’s listing, without spending a single penny
AdvertisementZomato and Swiggy are best food delivery apps in the world, says Zomato’s CEO
There are very solid engineering reasons why Jeff Bezos' rocket looks exactly like, you know, that
Popular on BI
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity