EeVe eyes sale of upto 15K electric two-wheelers this year
EeVe, which is run by Odisha-based OmJay EV Ltd, has sold about 1,200 units since the launch of its two-wheelers in October last year.
"Our products are doing well in the eastern part of the country and we are now talking to dealers across the country to increase coverage," OmJay EV co-founder and Director Harsh Vardhan Didwania told .
He added that currently the company's products are available at about 45 dealerships and this is expected to touch 200 by year-end.
"Since launch in October, we have already sold 1,200 units. By year-end, we are targeting sale of 12,000-15,000 units," he said.
Didwania said the vehicles are manufactured in Odisha.
"We have invested about Rs 70 crore in our business so far. Our plan is to pump in another Rs 150 crore in manufacturing, product development and other areas," he added.
The company currently has four electric two-wheelers in the market and will add two more in the coming months.Showcased at Auto Expo here, the e-bike 'Tesoro' and a retro e-scooter 'Forseti' are expected to be launched around the festive season. The company, however, did not comment on the pricing. SR PRS SHWSHW
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Another smartphone from a popular Chinese manufacturer burst into flames, this time it’s the Poco X3
- NBCUniversal launches on-demand streaming service hayu
- Solana, Cardano, Polkadot and others — here’s a quick look at why these crypto tokens are being touted as ‘Ethereum Killers’
- Uber now lets you book rides on WhatsApp in Lucknow — slated to roll out in more Indian cities soon
- Air Pollution Control Day: These are a few simple ways by which you can help the environment