Envision Energy commissions 2 wind projects in Gujarat
The contracts involved a 197.5 MW wind power project for Actis-backed Sprng Energy and a 35 MW project for ReNew Power which were awarded under tranche 1 of Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam's wind auctions.
The projects were built on turnkey basis using state-of-the-art 2.5-MW turbines with 131 m rotor diameter and 120 m hub height, the company said in a statement.
"It is the first time that a Chinese wind turbine company has built a large scale wind power project in India," Envision Energy India deputy MD Milind Kulkarni said.
He further said the nacelles and hubs for the turbines were assembled at its facility in Pune, where it has already invested USD 25 million (about Rs 175 crore).
"Soon we will commence manufacturing of steel tubular towers and rotor blades in the country, achieving complete indigenisation of major components," Kulkarni said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January