FinComm discusses constitution of property tax board in states, fund devolution to RLBs
New Delhi, Jun 25 () The 15th Finance Commission on Thursday held meeting with the Ministry of Panchayati Raj and discussed constitution of a property tax board by states among other matters.
The ministry submitted that the Commission may consider to keep its award to the PRIs (Panchayati Raj Institutions) for the revised period 2021-2026 at Rs 10 lakh crore, an official statement said.
The meeting was held for forming up Commission's recommendations for the years 2020-21 to 2025-26.
The meeting also discussed the status on the state-wise devolution of funds to rural local bodies (RLBs), state-wise pattern of 'own resources' generated by RLBs since 2011-12 and the impact of GST on RLB's revenue.Constitution of a Property Tax Board by states was also discussed during the meeting, besides release of performance grants to states, it said. JD MR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- India’s most gruesome murders and their deadly modus operandi
- JioTag — A pocket-friendly alternative to Apple AirTag for finding your lost belongings
- Realme 11 Pro Plus vs Redmi Note 12 Pro Plus – the under ₹30,000 phone to buy
- How Tata Communications plans to chart its financial turnaround
- Railway jobs: 12,000 recruited under 'Rozgar Mela' initiative