Fireside Ventures closes its third fund at $225 million
Fireside Ventures, a venture capitalfund, is currently managing ₹3,000 crore ($395 million) of AUM.
- It has backed consumer brands like unicorn Mamaearth, boAt, Vahdam,
Slurrp Farm, Kapiva, 91 Cycles to name a few.
- The third fund will invest in 25-30 digital-first consumer startups.
AdvertisementFireside Ventures, an early-stage venture capital fund, said that it has closed its third fund after raising ₹1,830 crore ($225 million).
Fireside Fund III is anchored by investors like Self-Reliant India Fund,
The fund is known for investing in digital-first consumer brands. It said that its third fund will invest in 25-30 D2C startups across health and wellness, edutainment, lifestyle and FMCG sectors.
“Fireside Ventures was created with a very clear vision, to invest in the next generation of consumer brands, a space that was witnessing the start of disruptive changes. Five years later, we are delighted to see the magnitude of change these brave new digital-first brands are creating, and we look forward to seeing them create even more value in the future,”
The market for D2C brands in India is set to touch $100 billion by 2025.
Fireside Fund also said it will seek out brands with a strong purpose, responsible practices, and healthy governance.
Fireside Fund has been the first institutional investor in 75% of its 31 portfolio companies.
Fireside Funds I and II have invested in personal care unicorn Mamaearth, and IPO-bound boAt. Its portfolio includes Vahdam, Slurrp Farm, Kapiva, 91 Cycles, Design Café, FS Life (erstwhile FableStreet), The Sleep Company, Gynoveda, Wellbeing Nutrition and Pilgrim.
Launched in 2017, Fireside Ventures with the close of its Fund III is currently managing assets to the tune of ₹3,000 crore or $395 million.
SEE ALSO: Homegrown edtech platform Adda247 raises $35 mn, Google new investor
‘Early diagnosis of retinopathy of prematurity can save 5,000 babies from going blind’
AdvertisementIIS, Jamia, BHU on THE's World University Rankings 2023
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May