Former SoftBank country head Manoj Kohli joins WeWork India as an independent director
Image credits- WeWork
- Former country head of SoftBank
Manoj Kohliwas appointed to the board of WeWork India.
- In his previous role at SoftBank, Kohli facilitated investments to the tune of over $15 billion in over 25 AI-focused portfolio companies in
- Anthony Yazbeck, president & chief operating officer of WeWork, also joined the board.
AdvertisementWeWork India said on Monday that it has appointed Manoj Kohli, former country head of
“I am optimistic about the potential of the flexible workspace industry in India, and believe that
In his previous role at SoftBank, Kohli facilitated investments to the tune of over $15 billion in over 25 AI-focused portfolio companies in India. He also supported key players like OLA, OYO, Lenskart, Grofers, Snapdeal, Uber, Swiggy, and Unacademy in addressing regulatory and government issues, and helped scale their businesses.
Karan Virwani, CEO of WeWork India said that he is happy to welcome Kohli and Yazbeck at a critical juncture in the growth journey. “In the past few years WeWork India has grown significantly and proven to be a profitable and scalable business. Manoj’s experience in managing and growing businesses of scale and charting their exponential growth will be an invaluable asset for the business as well as me,” he added.
Kohli has served on the board of industry body GSMA, chaired the CII Task Force on Ease of Doing Business, and currently chairs the CII Unicorn Forum that aims to attract new tech investments in India. He has built businesses in 25 countries across the Asia Pacific and Africa regions.
Yazbeck, president & chief operating officer of WeWork Inc said that the performance of the WeWork India business is a testament to the strength of the WeWork brand and product.
“Flexibility and community is proving to be a powerful combination and, with a suite of flex space solutions, WeWork India is very well positioned to meet the evolving demand for dynamic workspaces across the country. I am looking forward to partnering with the Board as we strive to achieve our shared goals of long-term, sustainable success,” Yazbeck added.
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala